Phyllis Diller

Ian M.

Phyllis and her husband, "Fang" were a never-ending source of laughter! She had such a broad spectrum of humor in her repertory - she'll certainly be missed.

Ian :biggrin:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just heard that she has passed. One of the funniest ladies ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllis_Diller

Yeah she was one of the best!! I loved her jokes and most of all her maniacal laugh!!! I also liked those zany outfits that she wore in the early '70s!!

She joked about her bad cooking, her husband, the house, or anything that she can think of!!!

She had TV audiences laughing until their sides began to hurt!!! She will be missed by all!!

R.I.P., Phyllis. You're in a better place now.:spacecraft:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Years ago, when I was in Bermuda, Phyllis was performing stand-up in shows at one of the hotels.

Her one-liners were so funny and so fast that I was laughing hard enough to miss about every other joke.

One I remember was when Bo Derek and the movie "10" were at the height of popularity (1979 - 1980 -ish). Phyllis said, "Yeah, that Bo Derek is really beautiful, isn't she? Come to find out that the light shining out of those big blue eyes is from the sun shining through the hole in the back of her head! HA! HA! HAAAAAAAAA!!"

LOL!

Thanks for all the laughs, funny lady!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
She was really a show stopper! A riot and a barrel of laughs!!!!! Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!