Incredibly proud of my nephew Forrest

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My sister's son Forrest has been in Alaska for the last eight years and is finally moving back to the lower 48 where he'll be much closer to family and friends. He has worked his butt off since he was a kid and is well deserving his new employment. My sister, of course, is elated. :)

http://www.nmu.edu/communicationsandmarketing/node/18?articleID=171190

Now, if I could only get my son who is in Chugiak to think about heading south as well....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Forrest sure looks and sounds like a wonderful man, Buzz!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No wonder you are proud. With his business degree, law degree, degree in sports management and his accomplishments as an athlete he would be a great catch for any school in the market for an athletic director. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats!!!!!!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
There were over 80 applicants for that job and the process was an arduous one. NMU is a bit anal.

The world of ADs is relatively small and most of these people know each other. The NCAA has seminars every April in Naples and Forrest has been a speaker there for the last few years. He's relatively young for his position and will have plenty of time to continue building his reputation. Look for him at a large Division I university in less than 10 years.

Our family is small, and close, so it will be a pleasure having him a few hours drive away instead of an entire day on an airplane (and a 30 degree drop in temperature).