PDA

View Full Version : Video of me making Fried Rice at work

AllenOK
05-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I captured this video last year.

http://youtu.be/h9e-6TRiYsw

QSis
05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Allen, that was so cool!! It was great to see you in action!

I've been making my fried rice that way just recently - so easy, and tastes "authentic"!

Thanks for posting the video!

Lee

Doc
05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Very Kewl. That is quite a batch of fried rice you made there. I just ate dinner and you are making me hungry man!!!! :yum:

Thanks for posting this Allen. Please post more tutorials if you have the chance.
:tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AllenOK
05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I need that for the Asian Stir-fry Bar every Thursday at work. I could probably get away with half that on most days, but sometimes, I need more. Plus, it's good to have some leftover, so I can eat lunch :)

I should be getting a propane-fired fish-fryer here soon. Once I get that down, I'll post up some stuff.

There's more than just Fried foods that I can do with a burner like that. PeppA's "Beer Shrimp", maybe even some stir-fry at home. Good thing I have a wok!

JoeV
05-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Great tutorial. I make my fried rice almost identically, but with a little different sequence. Makes pretty good leftovers, which we always have, then I have lunch the next day. Thanks, at least I know I'm doing it right. FWIW, the sesame oil really makes a big difference, and I put a tiny pinch of turmeric to color it up. I also cook the rice in chicken stock, and add a little stock if it gets a little dry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/Dinner081411-2.jpg

lifesaver91958
05-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Great job Allen!

AllenOK
05-04-2012, 07:48 AM
I've done the turmeric thing as well. We don't have any at work. I've also noticed that the addition of turmeric varies from restaurant to restaurant; some do, some don't.

I REALLY want to make a batch of Red-Cooked Pork, dice it up, freeze it, and use it as needed to add to the Fried Rice.

JoeV
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I REALLY want to make a batch of Red-Cooked Pork, dice it up, freeze it, and use it as needed to add to the Fried Rice.
I have always made vegetable fried rice, but I frequently see pork fried rice with the diced red pork in oriental restaurants and buffets. It presents itself well. I only make fried rice when I make a stir fry, and 90% of the time it is a meat stir fry, so the meat is already covered. It all ends up co-mingling on the plate anyway. :biggrin:

Wow, what I wouldn't give to have a flat top in my kitchen. I guess there's a short-order cook hidden somewhere inside this body.

Adillo303
05-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Great video. Thank you.

JoeV - I too have always wanted a flat top. One of my customers is a kitchen equipment company. I keep telling them to put a small one in my truck for evaluation. So far, no luck.

Sass Muffin
05-04-2012, 10:02 AM
That's a neat video, Allen.

belaine
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks for posting this Allen, I too love the flat top. Had one in a summer rental house a few years ago and we loved it. My daughter in law got the job of cleaning it, she was a chef in her earlier life. Yummy fried rice.

Cooksie
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Impressive! You can work magic with those spatulas...ching, ching, ching...reminds me of the places where they cook at your table.

chilefarmer
05-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Allen, super nice. Rice is sometime go to food. Just about anyway its cooked. Yours looks so good. CF

Squirrel
07-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Great video! I love the part at the end where the lady says, "Allen, come here and let me smack that a$$!" :yum: I like to make fried rice, it's just fun to make. I like to grill a pork tenderloin then soak in sweet and sour sauce overnight. Next day cube it up small and added to the rice.

Looking forward to seeing more videos!

lilbopeep
07-26-2012, 08:25 AM
LOL Good job!! I make mine the same way. I sometimes add some tossed sesame seeds at the end with the sesame oil.

BUT no one smacks my butt!! LOL

I would also like to add some red pork.

Gossie
08-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Now that was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I will have to incorporate that to the small stove I have. LOL

buzzard767
08-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow! Old thread and excellent video. Tell the truth now - do they still smack your ass? :yum:

AllenOK
08-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Not really, Buzz.

buzzard767
08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Bummer

Lefty
08-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Just got a flash back to my military days when I was a mess cook. I would make everyone's breakfast on weekends even though it was not part of my job. If I was smart I would of went cook while I was in. I would have probably done twenty if I had.