Hello NCT

Good morning, all - Well, I'm sort of down for the count this morning as I've just come from the hospital where I had an epidural steroid shot in my back. I hope this does the thing it's supposed to do and makes the back pain go away and stay away. If anyone ever has to have one of these things, don't let anyone tell you that they don't hurt some....let's just say they don't tickle! But I promised my husband I wouldn't swear at the doctor who was poking me in the spine with that large-sized needle and I was good, I didn't cuss! But I'm home now and all I want to do is curl up in a ball and go to sleep until the icky wears off. :yuk: So I'll be back tomorrow in much better shape, I hope. Meanwhile, Ian will be posting later on tonight with a couple of his super recipes. Have a great day!

Fallon

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Fallon. I've never experienced that so I have no clue ...but it sure sounds painful. Did they give you anything for the pain?
Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Really looking forward to Ian's recipes later today. :)

*Note, one of the mods noticed the forum you posted this in and suggested we move it to the "Seriously Speaking" forum. It's a forum that is way down under all the food forums. This thread fits perfectly here. :thumb:

Thanks, Mama and Doc, for your kind concerns. Sorry to have posted in the wrong forum this morning but I was mentally pretty blotto when I wrote. Amazed I even knew my own name! No, I wasn't given any pain meds because they told us that any time there is any sort of invasive work done on the spine, there's always a danger of hemorrhage and they didn't want me to have any blood-thinners for 24 hours. Not even Tylanol or things like that. So just cold packs and being mean to my husband and the dog. They didn't suffer much, though, because I've slept nearly all day and finally moved around long enough to get a sandwich and some soup and now back in bed, still being pampered by my "boss" and that silly, fuzzy mutt! Believe me, I couldn't have gotten through this without them or my kitten, Toby Bear. (Dog, Nijinsky, doesn't like the kitten much but there's always room to learn to love one another isn't there?) The doctor assured me that I'd be really tired for about 24 hours or so and would finally snap out of it by tomorrow afternoon. I sure hope so. Skiing is out, drat it, and here we have all this gorgeous ski snow and the world up here is a "winter wonderland", for sure. Oh well, bet it snows again before Spring finally gets here to stay! The bottom line is that the really severe, debilitating back pain I'd been experiencing is gone and even the discomfort of the steroid shot is well worth it, given the alternative. When I left the hospital this morning I was walking straight upright without pain - I'd crawl on my hands and knees for another shot if it were necessary, no matter how much they hurt to get! This whole thing was the result of Spinal Stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal column in several spots due to arthritis over a protracted period of time. Like since I was about 14 years old. Weird! But now, within about six weeks, so the doctor says, and keeping up with exercising and physical therapy, I'll be a new man! Ian sure hopes that's not exactly true! But I get the idea, anyway. Being kind of a newlywed (we just got married this past November) calls for good health and lots of energy. So away I go........... :margarita:Shucks, can't do this for 24 hours, either! Having champaign celebrations or margaritas. No fun at all!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad the shot worked for you. As for 24 hours of celebration with champagne and margaritas ... I'm probably not up to it either but I admit I sure would be willing to try. :D :beer: :margarita:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Glad to hear you're on the path to feeling better Fallon! I don't imagine you'll have to be coerced into sticking with the exercise and physical therapy.

Ian M.

Hi, Mama - She won't have to be coaxed into doing much of anything! I came home for lunch just now and found her gone - running around and doing stuff she absolutely shouldn't be doing yet. She isn't meant to begin the PT until next week and I'm sure there's a reason why she has to wait that long.......as in, she is supposed to be taking it easy the rest of this weekend. Little blighter just can't be trusted to do right! I'll just have to chain her to the doorknob and set the dog to keeping an eye on her so she doesn't come home and begin cleaning the apartment or some such dumb thing. Just because she feels good right now doesn't mean that everything is all just ducky yet....but try and convince her of that!
Maybe someone can give her a lecture on this issue - someone besides just me. I think she turned off her hearing when I began lecturing her on the proper way to deal with all this..........never trust a whirling dervish!!

Ian :bonk: