an apology from me..so sorry...

cookingirl

Hey all, I sincerely apologize to all of you for all my 'down-ness".. Today, I finally realized my dad is dying-slowly....I am pretty much per-occupied with this--I am an only child and have no one to share it with, beside my own doc...thank you for your understanding...It is a long process....
this forum has been great to me.. I really do love to cook, but I am limited by my dad's condition, and my life....
As I said to one of my co-workers, this past summer; I will be surprised for myd dad to see the new year...but he is so strong and surprises me...he may see his B-day at the end of Jan---what condition him and myself will be in--I don't know...
thank you all for listening and allowing me to vent..please ignore me --cuz I am not 'fun' right now....
cyn

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You have no need to offer an apology. You are a loving daughter that is trying to cope as best you can with this. I am also an only child and had to make some tough choices with my mom. I understand what you are going through. I am sure I am not the only one. You and your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers. XOOXOXOXOX Rest easy we are here for you. And we will listen and not judge. Everyone has been or will be in this place at some time in our life.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh My Gosh--I posted this twice----oh no...can a Mod help me??????

I removed the duplicate post from the Chit Chat forum, cookingirl, and left this one in Seriously Speaking.

Personally, I have not noticed any reason for you to apologize. You have a lot on your plate ... it's really tough.

I hope our little forum can provide some entertainment, relief and relaxation for you!

Lee

cookingirl

Thanks QSis.. I appreciate that..

thank you...just felt it was needed...maybe for the future...if not now...want to cove all bases...

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Cooking Girl,

I hope this helps. My mom was a vibrant woman, she was a national horticulture judge and traveled and spoke in flower arranging, until she got Alzheimer's. over the last several years I have watched her die slowly. She just died two weeks ago. I am also an only child and had no one to talk to about it. I think I understand your feelings.

My mom is back with my dad, who passed when I was 23. It was very hard as I only found out she was failing two days before she passed. We are 200 miles apart and I did not get to see her. You have nothing to apologize for. If I can help in any way. please let me know.

Leni

I'm not an only child but my sister lives in Missouri so she was too far away to help me. Mom started having breathing problems and I took her to the ER. She never left the hospital. I really didn't realize that she was dying. As you can see CC you are not alone.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You've had a long, hard row to hoe cookingirl. You have been a wonderful daughter. I agree that you have nothing to apologize for. You can't hold your emotions in...it's not good for you or your situation. We won't think badly of you for "venting" here....we are your family....there's no one better to talk to than your family.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
you need't fret for letting us know that your Dad is unwell. i think peeps put it very well. & i look forward to your posts! know we're your friends, we're here for this kind of thing, & you're quite luved~

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No need for apologies CG. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's condition. I hope you will accept our support from afar. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your dad on the way. :flowers:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
No apology needed. Tough time for you. My mother passed 6 years ago, i think about her so much. I am lucky and have four adult kids. Spent this morning baking with my two daughters, i love that they have each other. I am only child too.

Come on here and share/vent, ask for tips as you can see you have company.

cookingirl

thanks everyone for all the support, wishes, prayers...my dad is on oxygen now...he slept 14 hours straight thru once he got it...that was friday night..I tried to wake him but he didn't even move.I slept on the couch for half the night and then went to bed, with an ear open...he slept a lot Sat also...today seemed a little better.. his leg fluid seems much less..still not much of an eater...with all of the fluid, he has still lost weight...I mean has not gained an ounce...he is supposed to use the oxygen at night and when needed during the day, but he is using it a lot..had to rearrange the furniture today so he can access the machine easily...looks horrible, but who cares......
thanks to all..I was was feeling really down and needed to vent...I probably shouldn't have...sometimes I take things to extremes...thanks again....
cyn

Leni

Everyone needs to vent once in a while. It's not healthy if you don't. You are going through a very difficult time and you will need respite periodically. Maybe a friend can come in and watch your dad while you go away for a day. Check your insurance policy. Some of them include respite. You need to take care of yourself also. There are also care giver groups that can help you. The adult day care that I take my daughter to has one. They also provide free care while I'm attending the meetings.

Biskit

I'm also an only child. Though they're doing well, my parents are aging. Sometime, I'll be dealing with some of the same you are. Not looking forward to it. Sending you hugs and adding to the others' voices that call for you to come to us when you need an ear.