Prayer request

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Please pray for my mom (Connie Allen) who passed away this morning, she would have been 90 December 10th.

She has been in a nursing home in Clinton NY for several years. She has Alzheimer's. Several years ago, I had to chose between putting her in care there, or in New Jersey, where I live. I chose there as her friends and remaining family are there. She lived her entire life within a 20 mile radius. I felt that she would be more comfortable there.

It has been hard for me, as I do not / did not get to see her much. I do feel that it was better for her.

She joins my dad, who passed when I was 23 and she loved until the end.

cookingirl

Adillo,
ohhh, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom..it must have been so hard on you..but you did what you thought best for her..and I am sure she did appreciate it and love you even more for thinking of her best interests and not yous..that was a completely unselfish act ...it shows how much you love your mom..
She will be with you always in spirit...remember the fun times you had together. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug...anytime you feel like it gets to be too much, just contact me...
God Bless you for taking such good care of your mom..she did know it...they always do, eventhough you don't think so...
xxxooo
cyn

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Condolences Andy. Good thoughts and prayers for your mom and your family at this time of need. Peace be with you.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My Condolences Andy. You, your mom and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Leni

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. May she rest in peace. You did the best you could for her and you will miss her.

My mother once told me that you always need your mother. She said that she missed the ability to consult with hers and ask her what she thought of a situation. Now she is gone and I know what she meant.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
you always need your mother

I find that as a parent, you are never done. I often get calls from my daughter saying that she needs her dad. And yes, I need my mom. I just hope she taught me enough.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers everyone.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My condolences, Andy. You did what you felt was best, and I believe I would have done the same. There is nothing like being surrounded by good friends and family, especially later in life. I get great joy when any of my kids call me to seek my advice. As they have gotten older, they take my advice more often than not. They realize, now, that I have seen more water go under the bridge than they have. Peace, my friend.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Andy, you did do all that was right by her.
I can sort of identify with the feelings a bit.
When my Mother got so bad after the day came to pull the vent and put her under hospice care, I felt very bad for agreeing to that.
There was no other way- I had no control over that decision.

Your Mommy knows you meant well.
You'll miss her for a long time to come, and you know that.
To this day I STILL think.. gosh I wish I could share this with Mom or call her.

Lots of lovin' thoughts from here.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you everyone. I was OK with "Comfort Care" till this morning when she passed. With her being so frail, I did not think sending her to the hospital would have been best for her. Alzheimer's is a particularly cruel disease. It slowly takes everything that you have.

My dad passed when I was 23, I miss him to this day. I take comfort from knowing that they are together again. She never stopped loving him.

Being an only child and being totally unprepared for a phone call that asks how to arrange your mother's passing makes one feel very alone.

Calicolady

Andy, you did do all that was right by her.
I can sort of identify with the feelings a bit.
When my Mother got so bad after the day came to pull the vent and put her under hospice care, I felt very bad for agreeing to that.
There was no other way- I had no control over that decision.

Your Mommy knows you meant well.
You'll miss her for a long time to come, and you know that.
To this day I STILL think.. gosh I wish I could share this with Mom or call her.

Lots of lovin' thoughts from here.

I echo these very sentiments. My mom was my best buddy & friend, aside from being my mom. I still feel the loss of both.
Adillo, I'm sending you hugs.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Andy.....Bless your heart. My siblings and I had to put our mama in a nursing home as well. I know how hard it is. I think it was important for her to be near "home" so I believe you made the right choice. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you though being an only child. My thoughts and prayers are with you and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I thought that I would post an update.

Mom will will be laid to rest friday, October 21, 2011. She will be back with my dad as there is room there for her. Her name is already on the stone.

It will be a small service as she outlived most of her friends and there is little family left.

I think that I forgot to post that in the middle of all of this, I will be having eye surgery tomorrow to correct droopy eyelids. They tell me that it is minor. It is outpatient. One of the few things that really scares me is surgery.

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best wishes with the surgery Andy. I'm with you on the surgery stuff. No surgery is minor if they are cutting on me. :eek:
Hope all goes well. :thumb:

cookingirl

Andy, good luck with the surgery....after, you will 'look your best' for your mom...xxxooo
ps I am an only child also, helped my dad with my mom who had alzheimers and now I take care of my dad, at home and work full time...i know how hard this is for you..my dad is 90yrs old....xxoo again :flowers:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Andy, my Prayers to you. Eyelids, had them done. i am a bruiser so I looked bad for a week. But was fine.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
God bless, Andy. My Mom died in January and we buried her ashes this past Monday. I know how you feel and my prayers go out to you.

Mr. Green Jeans

Andy, you made the right choices although as a sibling they never come without guilt. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry I'm reading this late. Sending you and your family prayers of comfort & healing (((Hugs)))