We're Up!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks SS & cookinggirl. This was the toughest DB error ever. My normal tools would not touch it. A very frustrating long night but we appear to be back and all is okay.
Please post here if you notice anything out of wack. I did so many different attacks on this thing I expect some flack.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I might have to take things back down. Notice the post from 6/10 at the top of this thread. Dang it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, this is a weird one. I can't find another VB forum who has had this error. Very strange. Working on / looking for the fix.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks SS & cookinggirl. This was the toughest DB error ever. My normal tools would not touch it. A very frustrating long night but we appear to be back and all is okay.
Please post here if you notice anything out of wack. I did so many different attacks on this thing I expect some flack.
When I hit post reply this is what I get:
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I had to hit "quote" to post this reply

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That seems to be the case in all of the forums. If you click on it you get an error page.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The weird post is still at the top of this thread.
That is the error I have focused on and have an idea on what it is but cannot get rid of it. I'm still researching for something that will work at deleting that post.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Doc, I found a new problem. If you are on the main forum index page, and you choose any forum, such as Cooking Stories Forum, the first sub-forum that shows up on the list is a poll with 1,281,500,000 posts! It's invalid when you try to click on it.

This happens on every sub forum.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up SS. I'm still fighting with that phantom post at the begining of every new thread and every new page. These are the weirdest and toughest DB errors I've ever encountered. Hopefully, with a little help from the pros at VB I can get them solved in the next few days.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up SS. I'm still fighting with that phantom post at the begining of every new thread and every new page. These are the weirdest and toughest DB errors I've ever encountered. Hopefully, with a little help from the pros at VB I can get them solved in the next few days.
And you thought you weren't going to be affected by Irene! LOL J/K I hope everything works out for you soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't understand why that is. Quick reply works fine for me.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Doc, It's the "Post Reply" button at the top of the page above that weird post that when clicked gives this error

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

The Post Reply button at the bottom of the page seems to be normal.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whew, one down. The annoying phantom post should not be showing up any more.

On to the next problem.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Doc, It's the "Post Reply" button at the top of the page above that weird post that when clicked gives this error

The Post Reply button at the bottom of the page seems to be normal.

Whew, one down. The annoying phantom post should not be showing up any more.

On to the next problem.
GOOD JOB Doc!! That weird Phantom post and the top Post Reply issue seem to have been connected because I just used it and it works now.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I found a new problem. If you are on the main forum index page, and you choose any forum, such as Cooking Stories Forum, the first sub-forum that shows up on the list is a poll with 1,281,500,000 posts! It's invalid when you try to click on it.

This happens on every sub forum.
One more down. I think that this one is fixed now.

Anything else out of place? I hope not but if you see anything be sure to post them here and I'll try to fix them.