What's for dinner 02/10/09

heb1976

hubby just called and said to pick up some steaks. so that is what i am doing. steaks, broccoli for me, breaded okra for him and justin, and a baked potato or salad. kyle will probably have chicken nuggets, hotdogs, or oatmeal! LOL

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have had beef and vegetables stewing in a tomato sauce in the slow cooker all afternoon

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm gonna offer to make a stri fry, but i'll need to pick up a few things.

i have chicken, carrots, shanghai bok choy, red pepper, canned baby corn, canned water chestnuts, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame seeds, flax seeds, and i'm rehydrating some mushrooms.

need scallions, hoisin sauce, and ginger.

if dw's already made something, i'll just stir fry the shanghai boy choy in soy, ginger, garlic and butter.

or maybe i'll do a fusion thing and make the bok choy with some evoo and pancetta.

homecook

Heather, I may come to your house for dinner and spend the night! Is Tom cranking up the grill?? I'll even bring my own steak. lol Andrew is working and I'm not in the mood to cook.

Barb

Locutus

I'm keeping it simple this time.

Moose meatloaf and home baked 100 percent whole wheat French bread with honey butter. :thumb::thumb:

Love2"Q"

not sure .. going to see if there is anything appealing
at the store .. hoping for some nice fat pork chops to put
on the grill ..

smoke king

Banned
Its 60 degrees here today-no wind, not a cloud in the sky!:clap:

Picked up a beautiful Tri-tip for the grill-side dishes are still up in the air!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes and broccoli tonight. I am baking some cinnabon rolls. I post pics and the recipe later.

GrantsKat

Delmonicos were on sale last week......so I broiled 2 of them(I used this new smokehouse black pepper from McCormick, but wasnt impressed with it!) and the hubby and I had an early dinner(hes at work now), while the boys played.....how romantic:wub:
Now I have to figure out what to feed my little rugrats:huh:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Jambalaya with smoked sausage and shrimp, romaine salad, and French bread...

chowhound

Clueless still. I don't have a taste for anything right now, which I guess means I'm not really hungry, so maybe nothin'.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We are having spaghetti and meatballs tonight. DW is making the meatballs with ground pork and ground beef. I am going to try and make garlic bread out of hot dog buns, LOL.
I am gonna put butter, garlic, and cheese inside of them and close them. Then bake them in the oven for 5 minutes, take out, spread on melted butter and garlic, then back into the oven for a few more minutes.
Hope they turn out good.

chowhound

I've made garlic bread out of hot dog buns before, the egg kind of buns (yellowish). It definitely works. They had a neat taste to them (for lack of a better word, lol). And I even had them with spaghetti!