Aussie Fries

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this is a copycat recipes that tastes so good...Just like Outback Aussie Fries and the dipping sauce as well

1 - 2 lb. bag of Frozen French Fries
1 C. shredded Colby Jack cheese (An excellent suggestion is to use the cheese that is
labeled as "Taco Cheese", cheese for Tacos.)
6 pieces of Bacon, cooked

Divide the fries into half, and use the other half later. Heat oil to 350 degrees. If you do not have a thermostat, make sure the oil is hot enough, so that when you set a French fry in there it will cook immediately. If the French fry sinks to the bottom, and barely bubbles, it is not hot enough. Fry the potatoes in small batches, they are done when they are golden brown, and float to the top of the skillet. Be sure to drain the potatoes on paper towels. You can keep them warm in the oven while the other fries are done. When all French fries are done cooking, and drained place them onto a platter. Salt the French fries if you like, and sprinkle on cheese and cooked bacon. Pop these back into a warm oven until the cheese begins to melt.

AUSSIE FRENCH FRY DIP

1 16 oz bottle Ranch Dressing
2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder

combine all ingredients - let refrigerate overnight for the best flavor

homecook

These are a heart-attack on a plate. I love them. Outback uses fresh french fries though, not frozen.

Barb

lilylove

LOL... I have no self control Bam! If I made these I would eat the whole darn pan full. One right after another!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
So would I! Love these, maybe Trish can make em and I can sneak out there and eat most of em before she catches me!