3 eggs
6oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
6 oz. shredded Colby cheese
1- 16 oz. box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and dried
2 1/2 ozs. bacon pieces
1/2 oz. diced yellow onion
1 oz. all purpose flour
Italian bread crumbs as needed

Drain thawed broccoli thoroughly by pressing through a strainer. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl with a whisk until well blended. Place all the ingredients in a plastic container, except the bread crumbs. Stir together with a spatula until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate mixture for about 1 hour. This will help to bind the mix making preparation much easier. Heat about 4 cups oil in a fryer or deep pan for frying at 350* Set up a shallow pan with bread crumbs. Scoop about 1/2 oz. portion of the broccoli mixture into the bread crumbs. Form each portion into a ball and coat it well. Place broccoli bites into the fry basket or frying pan. Make sure they do not stick together. Fry for one minute, then remove and place onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.

Serve with Honey Mustard Dressing

3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. lemon juice
In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. Blend thoroughly using a whisk. Slowly pour in the honey and lemon juice, continue mixing until smooth and well combined.

homecook

I love these........I posted a similar recipe a couple pages back. I mainly use cheddar cheese. I'll have to try it with the Monterey and Colby sometime.
Thanks

Barb