Database error

loboloco

Doc, this is mostly FYI. I am having a "Database Error" message come up when I link directly to your forum here. I als get it if I use search and click on the link /forums. A search and a link to NCT.com with no following seems to get me here. Thought I would let you know so that in your change over you could address he problem or make sure all your links work.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up lobo.
I was going to ask where or when you get the error. I am seeing hundreds of errors and it involves the datastore (a very important database table). And I don't know why. I am researching the error now.

An update on the server move. It failed. I think the problem was / is this database error. The database could not be restored on the new server. So I backed out the changes and redirected everything back to our old server.

I have to have the database working perfectly before trying to move it again. I hope to do that soon, well, as soon as I get the database back to normal.

Any more detail on when you see a database error might help me out so please share any info you have on this. If in doubt .... share it. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you have a way to reproduce the error please PM me with the details. I prefer to keep that info off the forums so that some smart A won't overload us and take the site down.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The DB error is still happening. Glad it is fixed for you lobo. We might have had more than one DB issue going on. :bonk: (when it rains it pours)