Karma / Reps are back on

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
First off let me thank all you folks for the way you responded to reps being turned off. many off you offered your thoughts on the matter but everyone remained civil and acted like an adult. I thank you for it. :thankyou:

As you know I run other forums and things did not go near as smoothly on one other forum (I"ll leave it at that; but it makes me appreciate you all!!!)

So, I was able to reset the reps. Everyone is starting over. Rep points and rep power will not grow out of control like it did last time. It was all my fault for not knowing how to set some of the variables.

I have to admit I have never paid attention to the points but I did miss the option of sending a little note to a poster ..something that might not fit in the thread but is nice to tell the poster. That is very handy.

One of the mods on FF suggested that we zero out the points every year. That sounded very interesting to me. I would appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like the "karma", so thanks for bringing it back, Doc!

Zero'ing it out every year is fine with me. The accumulation of points means nothing to me - I just like leaving the little notes!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As you know I run other forums and things did not go near as smoothly on one other forum..

You can say that again!! :eek:
Resetting the reps both on FF and here is a good idea... but as stated, the rep messages are the best part of the system. Not the post count, not any of that.
It's nice to start over and have things fair when it comes to points/karma.
I think seeing just one single green booger for everyone is the best way to go.
If you receive a karma message, that's a personal thank you- and that's the best thing about it, isn't it?
Not how many you've accumulated to be seen under your join date/locale and post count.

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have not figured out a way to make you give zero points when rep'ing someone ..but that does not mean it is not possible. I'll play with it on my test forum as I have time and we'll see. I'm simply happy to be able to offer the feature for now. I found I missed not being able to leave the little comments. That is very handy. :thumb:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Funny thing Doc, You can not see reps on the statistics at the bottom of the main page. Also, you do not see reps in the user CP.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had turned them off in the top 5 stats, so that is why you didn't see them at the bottom in all the stats. I just turned them back on, so they should be there now. And they should also be in the CP, Thanks Sass and SS for clarifying that you see them. Saved me from chasing my tail.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I don't see the blue banner in the CP under subscribed threads that says
Latest Reputation Received and XXXXX point(s) total

Reactions: Doc

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for all the effort you put in Doc. I like the idea of zeroing points.

JackieBlue

Banned
It's fine with me either way. Half the time I forgot all about them until I saw a nice comment when I happened to go to User CP.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Try now Peeps. I figure you have to have received reps before anything will so. I just bumped your reps. :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I guessing until you've been rep'd by someone you will not see anything about reps in your CP.

buckytom

Grill Master
doc and i were just talking about how it would be good for nct if everyone sent me money so i could try out more of mama's recipes. funny how that works.