1 teaspoons garlic powder
1 3/4 teaspoons onion powder
1 3/4 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
1 3/4 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 12- ounce bottle beer
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
50 medium- size shrimp (about 2 pounds), peeled and deveined (leave on tails)
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (about 6 ounces)
oil for deep frying
lettuce leaves, for garnish
Hot red pepper sauce, for garnish
Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce:
1 5oz. bottle honey mustard (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup of honey
1 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional)

Mix honey mustard and honey together well. Sift in cornstarch gradually while stirring sauce.

DIRECTIONS: Thoroughly combine the paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine the beer, flour, and baking soda and mix well with a wire whisk. The batter should have the consistency of pancake batter. Stir in the spice mixture, using a wire whisk. Spread the coconut out on a plate. Dip each shrimp into the batter, shake off any excess, then roll in the coconut to cover. Press the shrimp in the palm of your hand to make the coconut flakes stick. In a deep fryer or large saucepan, heat the oil to 350 F. Drop the shrimp, 6 at a time, into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels and serve on a bed of fresh lettuce. Top with hot red pepper sauce if you like.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yep saved another and though I like my own coconut shrimp recipe for the jumbos I don't like it for medium sized shrimp as much. I will give this one a try for sure as I have 2 lbs of medium sized I just picked up tonight. I will let you know if I do them this weekend how they turned out.