Youth councelor

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Jesse Jackson has added former Chicago Democrat Congressman Mel Reynolds to Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll. Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute forgiveness spree. Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud, and lies to the Federal ElectionCommission. He is more notorious, however, for concurrently serving five years for sleeping with an underage cam paign volunteer.

This is a first in American politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate...won clemency from a president who had sex with a subordinate...then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate!

His new job?

Ready for this??

*****YOUTH COUNSELOR******

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Jesse Jackson has added former Chicago Democrat Congressman Mel Reynolds to Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll. Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute forgiveness spree. Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud, and lies to the Federal ElectionCommission. He is more notorious, however, for concurrently serving five years for sleeping with an underage cam paign volunteer.

This is a first in American politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate...won clemency from a president who had sex with a subordinate...then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate!

His new job?

Ready for this??

*****YOUTH COUNSELOR******

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

You have a very colorful way of describing news items. It would be amusing if it weren't so sad.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You have a very colorful way of describing news items. It would be amusing if it weren't so sad.

That's not my piece, Susan. I cut and pasted it. Somewhere in my subconscious there must be a lust for revenge. I had Jesse on a flight from San Juan, PR to O'Hare once. He was accompanied by his wife and his congressman son. This was just after his wife was released from detention after having caused a ruckus during a protest at the Navy bombing range. We were in cruise over South Carolina and had known moderate turbulence ahead so I turned on the seatbelt sign. Jesse was standing in the first class galley jawboning my lead flight attendant. She made her required PA and everyone sat down except Jesse. He didn't sit down after she told him to do so after she called me on the interphone and I made a PA telling everyone to take their seats. He STILL didn't do it so I had to leave the cockpit to tell his arrogance to take his seat. The turbulence came as expected and the F/A's sat down immediately on my command. It was bad enough that had Jesse still been standing he very well likely could have been hurt.

Seating him saved a lawsuit. That part was good. I came within a gnat's behind of having him arrested at the gate for refusing to obey the directions of a crew member, the F/A, something well within my legal powers. Just as well I didn't. I don't care to have my name in the papers and there were about 300 members of the press and fans waiting for him at the gate. How they got clearance to get beyond security is something I'll never understand, but they did.

I chalked it off as one more example of the US insane political situation, power of the press, and the sick adoration of celebrities. I went home and poured a martini.

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I understand completely. I use to help the White House advance team every time they came to town. I had a blast and I really got to see our Representative Democracy in action. It was a great experience and it made me understand the books about that time in our history a whole lot better. I prefer being behind the scenes myself. ;-)

Wart

Banned
It was bad enough that had Jesse still been standing he very well likely could have been hurt.

Someone refusing to take direction resulting in their getting hurt doesn't bother me a whole lot.

It's the people he would have could have landed on getting hurt that would bother me.

I chalked it off as one more example of the US insane political situation, power of the press, and the sick adoration of celebrities. I went home and poured a martini.
I think your reading too much into this. He didn't sit down because those kind of people do what those kind of people want, feelings of entitlement and all.

Incidentally, Boeings truly are birds, They fly by flapping their wings.
:hide:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I think your reading too much into this. He didn't sit down because those kind of people do what those kind of people want, feelings of entitlement and all.

I probably worded it improperly. I was talking about the mass of humanity waiting to cheer him as he emerged from the jet bridge.