Lunch Thread

PanchoHambre

good idea Lefty....

Usually I try to have leftovers because i work in a cutesey suburban town full of over-priced bistros and stuff so its pretty much drive to Wendy's or Wawa.

This week... no leftovers so today... its the Wendy's Dollar Menu.

chowhound

I'm having a leftover pork chop from the other night. I've got a wee bit of leftover gravy, too. I'm going to see if I can double it with some chicken stock and pour it on some fries.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
All leftovers; rib eye roast, mashed potatoes, and corn.

buckytom

Grill Master
today is a small salad with balsamic viniagrette dressing, and a leftover pork chop with peppers and onions in sauce.

or, if i have time to run out, i may go get tuna salad on a hard roll with raw onions, and a bag of baked lays chips.

buckytom

Grill Master
today was a chinese fried 1/2 chicken and veggie fried rice, with duck andf extra hot sauces.

Lefty

Yank
I'm going with hot Italian sausage with peppers onions and mustard on hot dog rolls. I did not make it the other day so no time like the present.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Going to Mel's, a local chain restaurant. Not sure what I'm going to order though.

Lefty

Yank
I'm going with hot Italian sausage with peppers onions and mustard on hot dog rolls. I did not make it the other day so no time like the present.
I just found some roasted red peppers to add a little color and some garlic. It smells so good in here.

buckytom

Grill Master
we skipped brekkie so i could pick up lunch at a great little italian deli near my boy's school. dw's been raving about this place, and she was dead on.

she and my boy had turkey, lettuce tomato, onion, oregano, and vinegar on seeded semolina rolls.

i had the pepperoni, hot cappicola, provolone, tomato, onion, oregano, and balsamic vinegar on seeded semolina.

i'll be going back again soon. the sammiches were delicious, and they were huge!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Wow some of you guys get serious about this, LOL. We usually just do salad and sandwiches in summer and soup and sandwiches in winter. Very informal.

Lefty

Yank
I have some meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy. I got lazy yesterday and didn't do a veggie. Perhaps tonight.

Rusty Shackleford

Formerly known as 1 bourbon 1 scotch & 1 beer
HMM. might go to the bar for a burger on lunch break. forgot to bring any food with me to work today

chowhound

I just had three ABTs leftover from yesterday.
For some reason they taste a little hotter when you aren't drinking beer (lol)

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Nothing today. Lately I have not been eating any breakfast or lunch, just dinner and a light veggie and fruit snack in the evening.
Gotta keep loosing this weight!

AllenOK

2009smokedporkquesadilldc6.jpg

Quesadillas made with co-jack cheese, smoked pulled pork, some taco sauce, and some crumbled queso fresco. Served with sour cream.

NOT BAD! I was wanting to make some salsa verde, but frakking Wally World was OUT of fresh jalapenos and fresh serranos! That's why the taco sauce was there. Honestly, I couldn't taste the taco sauce. I should have used a drizzle of BBQ sauce. I'm dipping the last wedge of quesadilla into some BBQ.

buckytom

Grill Master
today was middle eastern (i think jordanian) marinated griddled chicken over rice with hot sauce and tahini yogurt sauce. it was from a halal foods cart on 56th and 11th.

i asked him what spices he used in his marinade, but he just laughed and said that they were a family secret.

PanchoHambre

Today: Leftovers and a Cadbury Creme egg... yay its Easter candy season... at least I hope it is and the darned thing wasn't a straggler from last year....

suziquzie

Went to Sams club this morning..... came home with a ginormous box of corn dogs so we all had those.

And 3 green lifesavers.
:)