Breakfast Thread

buckytom

Grill Master
make that 2 orders, lefty!

i only eat brekkie about once a week, usually on sunday, my day off. occasionally on a monday, after a midnight shift.

on sundays, i go to the polish bakery up the block and get a good, chewy crust rye, some boiled ham, and crumb buns.
if i'm motivated, i'll push my way through the lines in another polish deli (it's like being in soviet era warsaw. and no one speaks english!!) and get rye, smoked turkey, various cole slaws, and ham. they have about 45 different kinds. who knew that there were that many ways to cure a pig? i didn't even know it was sick...
sometimes, dw will make pancakes and/or homefires. i'll make omelettes, or bacon and sunny side up eggs.

on mondays, i'll stop off on the way home at a local bagel shop for taylor ham, egg, and cheese sammiches, on plain bagels of course, for my boy and i.
dw gets a 3 eggwhite omelette on a whole wheat bagel.

PanchoHambre

I never have real breakfast during the week usually just a muffin or something.

Today its Pie... yeah I'm on a health kick

Lefty

Yank
Since I am feeling much better. I am going to do scrambled eggs hash browns bacon and toast with coffee and oj.

chowhound

I just started some ham, onions and a little pepperoni sauteing in a pan. I'm going to make it into a four egg omelet with cheddar and monterey jack cheese.

AllenOK

Thanks jim. One of those b'fast burritos does sound good. Unfortunately, I haven't made any chorizo yet, I'm out of hash browns, as well as tortillas.

Normally, though, I'm with Ronjohn. Coffee and I'm good. Sometimes, if I'm out-and-about early enough, I'll stop off for doughnuts.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
on sundays, i go to the polish bakery up the block and get a good, chewy crust rye ....

Ohhhhhhhh man, BT!!! I haven't had a decent Polish seeded rye in years, since the Polish bakery near my aunt's house in the Berkshires went out of business!

Is it not the BEST toast in the world??!! And, if you have leftover bacon, make a bacon and ketchup on rye toast sandwich ! My favorite breakfast!

There must be a Polish bakery around here somewhere. Now I'm on a quest.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The kids all came for breakfast this morning so I made: bacon, sausage, steak, hashbrowns, eggs, biscuits and gravy.

breakfast.jpg

P2040577.jpg

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Sorry mama that I did not mention how good your breakfast looked, compared to my can of tuna.... now I got this fishy taste!

Locutus

3 or 4 cups of strong black tea with milk and sugar (OKAY, Splenda :smile:), homemade whole wheat biscuits, moose sausage, and sausage gravy.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Man love that sausage gravy and bisquits! I also love eggs benedict, but these days I don't much do breakfast. Always coffee, sometimes juice and once in a while cereal or oats.
Instead we do 'breakfast for dinner' nights. For some strange reason I can't stomach that stuff in the morning, but am OK with it for supper.