Radishes?

Stussy's_Angel

Any good radish recipes out there?! I bought a bunch for salad but now I'm out of lettuce and leaving town for the weekend. I'd like to have some with dinner tonight but something more than just plain raw radishes.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Angel. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. We are new but growing nicely.

I love radishes!!!!!

How about:
Baked Radishes
1/2 pound of radishes cut in half
1 tbl Honey
1 tbl butter
1 dsh cinnamon

Steam radishes for 5 minutes; drain and arrange in a shallow baking dish.

Combine honey, butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan to make a glaze. Pour over radishes and bake uncovered at 350 until tender (about 30 minutes)

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Any good radish recipes out there?! I bought a bunch for salad but now I'm out of lettuce and leaving town for the weekend. I'd like to have some with dinner tonight but something more than just plain raw radishes.

Welcome! :tiphat:

Well here is a quickie Radish recipe:

1 nice sized bad of radishes cut into fourths
1 1/2 T peanut oil or olive oil
1-2 T soy sauce
2 green onions (scallions) sliced up thin

optional --- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted in a dry pan

Preheat oven to 425 F. Wash radishes, cut em into fourths and cut green onions into thin slices.

Toss radishes with peanut oil, then roast about 20 minutes, stir them one or two times. When radishes are tender and starting to brown, remove from oven, toss with soy sauce to coat and mix in green onion slices. Put back in oven and roast about 5 minutes more.

I prefer low sodium soy sauce. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You guys, these radish recipes sound fabulous!

I have one to post, too! I made this as one of the appetizers for a Chinese Feast - there were none left!

Lee

Smashed Radishes and Cucumbers

Ingredients

20 radishes
1 1/2 English cucumbers, cut into chunks
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
11/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame oil
long pieces of scallion (optional, for garnish)

Cooking Directions:

1. Wash and trim radishes. Lay each on its side, then crush by pounding decisively once or twice with the side of a cleaver or the bottom of a glass. (The radishes should split open, but not break in two.)

2. Sprinkle with salt and let stand 5 to 10 minutes; then drain. Transfer to a bowl.

3. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and remaining salt. Add to radishes and cukes, and toss gently. Refrigerate, covered, only to chill (about 20 minutes).

10smashedradishesandcukot3.jpg

Lee

Attachments

• 10 Smashed Radishes and Cucumbers.JPG
    10 Smashed Radishes and Cucumbers.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: