Nobody has mentioned artichokes

RNE228

Anyone out there like artichokes?

When I have them, I wonder how anyone figured out how to eat them:whistle:

We'll trim them up, spread the leaves a bit, and sprinkle Italian Seasoning on them. Then gently steam them. I used to dip them in Mayo, but now will use a green salsa.

They grow them by the bazzilions outside of Monterey, Ca; about 4 hours away.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yea, I kinda wonder about things like that too... who in the hell plucked all the leaves off, cut the fuzzy stuff, and then said, "Oh, this looks yummy!"

I like artichokes, but I usually like them in a pasta toss or salad. Pappadeaux's a cajun seafood resturant here in Texas deep frys them with the calamari in a tempura batter and they are to DIE for!!!

Stussy's_Angel

I was looking for a clever quote about food to put into my siggy and found this one... I just had to add it here.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps. ~Miss Piggy[/FONT]

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
:applause::yum:
This is usually true. Well for ME at least. I tried to make them a few different ways and they just dont turn out to well.
Next time I think I will boil the heck out of em. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
"Nobody has mentioned artichokes"

Don't you think there is a reason we haven't mentioned them??????

:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
When I have them, I wonder how anyone figured out how to eat them:whistle:

We'll trim them up, spread the leaves a bit, and sprinkle Italian Seasoning on them. Then gently steam them. I used to dip them in Mayo, but now will use a green salsa.

I cant get them to be soft enough to enjoy. Those leaves are so damn TOUGH!