PDA

View Full Version : Seafood sauce

rickismom
09-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Help! Can anyone recommend a dipping sauce recipe for crab cakes? I had one years ago and lost it. It was like a bernaisse (sp?) but without the tarragon...Any recommendations? :unsure:

buckytom
09-11-2010, 07:17 AM
if nothing else, you can always chop some pickles into mayo for a quick tartar sauce, or add some grated horseradish and lemon juice to ketchup for cocktail sauce.

Guts
09-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I use this one with sea food.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15012

High Cheese
09-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Aioli?

....a red pepper sauce might be nice. Red Pepper Jus. Basically sautee some shallot or onion in olive oil, add a little garlic, deglaze with white wine, add some chopped roasted red peppers, sautee a bit more, blend and run through a seive (or leave it as-is from the blender. Season.

GotGarlic
09-11-2010, 09:25 AM
A remoulade would be nice with that. Add 1 tbsp. each minced onion, celery, fresh parsley, and fresh ginger, and mix with 1 cup mayo and 2 tbsp. ketchup. Yummy! I love this with salmon, too, and it makes a great seafood salad dressing.

UnConundrum
09-11-2010, 10:30 AM
.. like a bernaisse (sp?) but without the tarragon...

A béarnaise without the tarragon is essentially a hollandaise...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/hollandaise-sauce-recipe/index.html

Sass Muffin
09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
RM, heating Philly cream cheese with chives and onion-- and some dry white wine is really good over crab cakes.

It's good with shrimp and frozen peas served on toast points or biscuits too.

By the way, I think this recipe for a creamy sauce sounds lovely, but then again, I LOVE tarragon :-)

1 c plain yogurt
1/4 c chopped green onions
1 T minced fresh tarragon
1 T mayonnaise
2 t lime juice
1/2 t hot pepper sauce
Combine and serve.

rickismom
09-11-2010, 12:47 PM
OMG, these all sound fantastic! Now the difficulty is which one to try tonight, lol.
Thank you everyone!! :)