Why are sliders so much fun to eat?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Two or three sliders are much better than eating one big sandwich.

Is it psychological? Do we THINK we are eating less?

ARE we eating less?

Is it just easier to bite smaller sandwiches?

Sliders of all types are EVERYWHERE now!

Lee

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well just like the White Castle burgers, Lee.. they are so easy to down in a couple of bites, then you move on to the next (6) :lol:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
But WHY do you think that multiple small ones are more appealing to a lot of us, than big burger or sandwich is, Sass?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not sure, I'll ask my analyst and get back to you. ;)

Ok, to be serious, I think it's a tease when it comes to a couple of burgers being on the plate as opposed to one large one.
We see them all, then we feel satisfied knowing there is another to enjoy. It IS for some reason very pleasing to the senses.
I had some at either Ruby Tuesday or Applebee's a while back, can't recall now, but I do remember thinking it was pretty cool.

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

Finger foods are always more fun to eat, and eating has a HUGE psychological component.
It looks like more, is something novel and different.. they are easier to
eat.. smaller burgers like when we were kids hence triggering "happy kid" responses...
Often take longer to eat, therefore triggering our biological "full and happy" responses
while we still have food on the plate, which is a good thing to our caveman ;) hard wired memories.....

Oh, and they are prevalent in restaurants simply because they are in vogue at the moment. Enjoy them for they will go the way of the salad bar before too long....
sigh.....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, it's probably got to do with the same reason we so love to eat wings.
They are fun!
By George, now there is the answer lol
Thanks Kimchee!