PDA

View Full Version : Terry's Mom has found peace

buzzard767
07-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I just received the following from Terry:

"Mom died quietly at 1:15 this afternoon with all of us around her."

When Terry finally has some time and the inclination to return to this forum, I'm sure she'll get a huge, well deserved welcome back. As far as I'm concerned she is the heart and soul of NCT and I have really missed her.

Love you, Terry,
Buzz

VeraBlue
07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Terry, I wish I could hold you. I hope you find a fast and peaceful way back to your everyday routines; and know that I am thinking of you.

Phiddlechik
07-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Take care...

Mama
07-01-2010, 05:56 PM
My heart goes out to you Terry. I agree with Buzz...you are the heart and soul of NCT and you are sorely missed. We will be here waiting for you when you are ready to come back.

Cooksie
07-01-2010, 06:10 PM
So very sad, but I'm glad that Mom was able to be at home surrounded by loved ones. I agree...Terry is just a special person. Although I don't really know her (never met in person), I feel like I know her.

UnConundrum
07-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Our prayers are with your family Terry.

GotGarlic
07-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Terry, I'll be thinking of you and your family. Like Cooksie, it's good that she was able to be with you all. Take care of yourself.

lilylove
07-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Hugs to you and your family

Biskit
07-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Terry.....I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mother. I do hope you can find comfort. Every mother should be so fortunate as to have a daughter like you.
Yes, you are the soul of NCT, and we await your return, when you're ready.
Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

lilbopeep
07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Terry you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I will light a candle for you. XOXOXO

Meme4251
07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh, Terry, cannot express words right now how I feel for you and your family..You are such a wonderful friend and person that I will always love! God Bless and Peace to you and yours......................Love you much, sh:flowers:

Adillo303
07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Terry - words fail me right now. I am sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you.

Deelady
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I know just what you mean Andy....so hard to say anything at a time like this. No matter how much you may have been mentally prepared for this, there still is no true comfort to give for how it feels.
Just know that you have a gang of folks who love you dearly and are praying for you and yours without fail!
God Bless her Soul that is now without pain and in Our Fathers arms.

{Hugs and Love}

Dee

Lefty
07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead.

You have my most heart felt condolences. My prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.

QSis
07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Terry is the one who always has exactly the right words to say in situations like this. I wish I could say what SHE would say TO her.

Here's a thought that comforts me, and makes me smile, Terry: My father believes that, when we die, we get to meet up with all the pets we've ever loved. Dad doesn't mention PEOPLE in this belief, but he's convinced that he'll be able to hug and play with all the cats and dogs he's ever loved.

I like that belief.

I hope your mom has some furry friends that will welcome her and jump on her and lick her now.

Love, Lee

SilverSage
07-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Terry, we're all here ready to fold you in our collective arms when you're ready. Be comforted with the good memories you've relived the past few weeks.

She really isn't gone - she's in you and your children.

((((((( HUGS )))))))))

mhend
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
You and your family are in my thoughts.

Doc
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Ahhhh Terry, I'm so sorry. Good thoughts and prayers for you, your mom and your family.

Big ((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you my friend. I feel so sad for you. :( :flowers:

Maverick2272
07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are still with you in this time of sorrow. I hope everyone is at peace now, and look forward to your return to NCT.

Sass Muffin
07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Terry,
There is a special place in which your Mommy resides now for all eternity.
No more pain, no more suffering.

People tend to say they are sorry when one who was so ill leaves this place we call planet earth and are taken heavenward into the arms of He who made us.

I am never sorry to see those who are suffering so, depart for a journey into total peace and comfort, going right back home into the arms of the God who made them, and allowed them to bless, enrich and make such a difference in the lives of those they touched whether it be family or friends.

This is a time to feel sorrow for those left behind.
I know how you feel right now.
It will get better over time.
My hope and prayer is that you are at peace right now.
That all your family are as well.
God blesses us now and again when we lose those we love, in that we do have some time to prepare for the loss.

You're such a beautiful bright spot on this forum and are loved.
My heart is with you now, and until I/we hear from you again.
Mucho kisses and hugs.
Loralei
Love you

smoke king
07-02-2010, 02:56 AM
Absolutely beautiful Sass.

Terry, you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers, as you have been the entire time.

TexasGirl
07-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I am so sorry Terry!! If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you!! lots of love to you girl!!

goatherder
07-02-2010, 07:47 AM
oh Terry, I am so, so, sorry to read of you losing your Mom. There is absolutely no way I know what you are feeling right now. Please understand that many people are sharing your grief. I am so sorry.

Let your happy memories of her help you through this.

buckytom
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
i can only add my deepest sympathies to this outpouring of love for you, terry. i hope you can see how much you mean to everyone here, which as a reflection of the parent a child is, shines a light on just what a great person your mom must have been.

my heart goes out to you, and my prayers as well for your comfort, as your mom rests now in the grace of god.

Keltin
07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Terry. All our love and thoughts to you and your family.

FooD
07-02-2010, 08:32 PM
My deepest thoughts and prayers to Terry and her family.

lifesaver91958
07-03-2010, 12:48 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Terry and may god bless and keep you and your family in such a time of sadness and always.

Miniman
07-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Hi Terry, a sad time yet a good time that she has ended her suffering. I am thinking of you all.

JoeV
07-04-2010, 11:22 PM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I have sent some prayers for peace for you and your family, and look forward to your return here.

PieSusan
07-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Terry, I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a parent. You know where to find me if you need to talk.

joec
07-05-2010, 08:36 AM
My condolences to you and your family Terry.

Ronjohn
07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Very sorry to hear this Terry. Hugs and prayers.

MexicoKaren
07-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh Terry, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you cared for her so lovingly, and did everything you could to make her passing easier.

Fisher's Mom
07-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Ya'll are the best. And I am so glad to be back here with all of you.

My mother's memorial service was last Monday and it turned out to be lovely, which surprised me completely. I have never planned one of these and had no idea how or what to do. But it just sort of came together and was beautiful. Kind of reminiscent of a 60's peace march/love in/civil rights/PETA thing. Hard to explain, but it would have pleased her greatly, I think. It ended with this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJo_klmPcA&feature=related

Meme4251
07-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Terry, so glad to have you back here w/your friends which love you dearly...I'm very happy the memorial went well for you and your family. Do know mom would have been very proud of you all. Really like the ending song also. The song definitly fit the situation to a perfection. If I can help you in any way or if only you need to talk, please, as you already know, please give me a call. You take care girlfriend and God Bless you and your family.....sh/Meme

QSis
07-18-2010, 09:15 AM
SO glad to have you back, Terry!

The video was cool, and joyous (but I still had tears in my eyes as I watched)!.

Lee

Fisher's Mom
07-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks so much. It is good to be back.

Mom liked that song a lot, Qsis, and it fit at this particular church. She's been a member there for probably 38 years. It's one of the first kind of new-age, non-denominational churches that has a decidedly Buddhist flavor. Her service was in the Tower of Light, which was where my father's memorial was held. The reception was in the Pyramid - and yep, it's a huge, golden pyramid. My 2 oldest children were christened there in that pyramid. Here are some pics.

Adillo303
07-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Good to have you back. You have been missed.

Good thoughts to you and yours for closure and the future.

rickismom
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I've been away for a while so I just read this. I'm so sorry for your loss (((Hugs)))

Cooksie
07-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Ya'll are the best. And I am so glad to be back here with all of you.

It's good to see you back in here! You were missed for sure :kiss:.

Fisher's Mom
07-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome home. I've been feeling warm and fuzzy all day.

Biskit
07-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome home. I've been feeling warm and fuzzy all day.

Where? :brows: :biggrin:

Fisher's Mom
07-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Where? :brows: :biggrin:That special, secret place very few have ever been to......

my armpit! LOL (Time to break out the razor, I guess.)

buckytom
07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
lol, biskit.

umm, one minor point, f-mom. wouldn't your children have been buddha-end, not christ-ened... ;)

Sass Muffin
07-19-2010, 12:57 AM
That special, secret place very few have ever been to......

my armpit! LOL (Time to break out the razor, I guess.)

I see you must be another IDon'tCareI'llShaveItWhenIFeelLikeIt gal? :yum:
Makes ya feel all rebellious, don't it?.. French even! haha

Sass Muffin
07-19-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm glad darling. Rather enjoyed our convo last night Terry.
:thumb::heart:

Fisher's Mom
07-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Makes ya feel all rebellious, don't it?.. French even! hahaThat's it!!! I'm French! At least, that's gonna be my story from now on. (Sounds like you may be a little French too, Sass. LOL)

Sass Muffin
07-19-2010, 01:32 AM
That's it!!! I'm French! At least, that's gonna be my story from now on. (Sounds like you may be a little French too, Sass. LOL)
Oui, mon ami! :wink:

Fisher's Mom
07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
I remember in middle school, my best friend and I went a whole summer without shaving and we wore mens underwear (the tightie whities). I think we felt rebellious then, but I can't remember what we were rebelling against. I think it was that we weren't allowed to wear pants to school. Anyway, the real eye-opener was that boys still wanted to get in our pants! Apparently, they don't care if we have hairy legs or what kind of underwear we have on.

Sass Muffin
07-19-2010, 02:16 AM
Anyway, the real eye-opener was that boys still wanted to get in our pants!
Apparently, they don't care if we have hairy legs or what kind of underwear we have on.

Those boys are now the men of today, and they still don't care.:yum:

Fisher's Mom
07-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Thank heavens! (I'm hoping their eyesight isn't as good these days, too.)

Sass Muffin
07-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Holy Toledo, Terry.
This is supposed to be seriously speaking..
;)
I am glad you've gotten to that place, like I have.
Love you.:flowers:

Fisher's Mom
07-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Uh oh. You're right. But my mom would have been laughing too because she remembered the summer of the tightie whities. LOL

Sass Muffin
07-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Uh oh. You're right. But my mom would have been laughing too because she remembered the summer of the tightie whities. LOL

:thumb::)

Biskit
07-19-2010, 06:35 AM
I see you must be another IDon'tCareI'llShaveItWhenIFeelLikeIt gal? :yum:
Makes ya feel all rebellious, don't it?.. French even! haha

Wonder, have you ever gotten to the point where you've braided your armpits? :doh: