Help ! what is this ?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The warden, in a hurry, picked up what she thought was a bag of Brussels Sprouts..........got the bag home and....................

MysteryVeggie005.jpg

MysteryVeggie007.jpg

MysteryVeggie.jpg

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
it's a thai eggplant, lt.

looks like that one's kinda seedy. i'd carefully scoop out the seeds, marinte the halves in an asian type of dealio, then grill or bake until just soft.

K

Kimchee

Personally, I'd throw it out, but I despise eggplant, LOLOL!

My wife, however, would be quite happy to eat the entire pile.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those eggplants look cool, LT! I'd love to try them!

Lee

Phiddlechik

They are darn cute! If you like eggplant, you could roast them on a grill, sliced in half, drizzled with evoo, keeping their "cuteness' intact.
I roast eggplant with onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms (or a combination thereof), tossed with olive oil. Then when cool, puree. Serve with crackers. Kind of looks like cat sh#*, but sometimes I will also top the spread with a fresh veggie salsa type (tomatoes, onion, cilantro, peppers/chilis)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
what would you do with them, QSis ?

I like ALL of the ideas that BT, Peep and Phiddlechick mentioned!

I would want the size/shape/color of the eggplant to be apparent in the final dish, and all of the ideas mentioned would accomplish that.

I'd make one of what they said! :bounce:

Lee

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
like most have said, it is an eggplant. Not only that, it the the oldest type of eggplant. Like the many types f potatoes that have been selectively bred, you have the OG of eggplants, native to India and Asia.