ISO ckn rub

Guts

going to break out the George Foreman rotisserie to do a ckn. this is what I have any suggestions that make a better or TNT rub. sorry I have to add it as a pic. busy today, tks in advance.
Kim

Attachments

• ckn rub.png
    ckn rub.png
    16 KB · Views: 132

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I prefer smoked paprika..but if you don't have it, not to worry. Pick up some next time you shop..you'll like it.

Try adding lemon zest to the recipe you posted.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kim, do you want a barbecue-flavored rub? If so, the one you have should include some salt - equal parts with the sugar. I like cumin in it, too, maybe 1 teas. in your recipe.

Also, for me, the black pepper and cayenne ratios are pretty heavy for the rest of the ingredients - I don't like it nearly as hot, so I would cut back on both.

Lee

Guts

Thank you all i will let you know how it turns out... W/pics.
lemon zest / I think so...
cut back on cayenne pepper yes.. add a little cumin yes
smoked paprika, that's all i have in the house.
I off t o make it now, 4:30 pm here
PS I'm trying to do a low sodium thing. doctor orders... so no salt... or just a pinch.

Guts

no salt / don't know if I'm going to be able to do a salt free diet. I really miss it.
1TBS sugar
1TBS smoked paprika
1TBS dried parsley
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
1tsp black pepper
½ - tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp cumin
1tsp dry minced garlic
zest of one lemon

patted bird dry and put rub in cavity and out side of bird. zest went inside and under skin, this worked well. next bird I will go for a herb flavor w/ lemon zest. ckn on sale this week, time to experiment. thanks for the help...
Kim

Attachments

• GF ckn 001.jpg
    GF ckn 001.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 110
  • GF ckn2.jpg
    GF ckn2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 113
  • GF ckn 3.jpg
    GF ckn 3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 114

Cooksie

Site Supporter
no salt / don't know if I'm going to be able to do a salt free diet. I really miss it.
1TBS sugar
1TBS smoked paprika
1TBS dried parsley
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
1tsp black pepper
½ - tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp cumin
1tsp dry minced garlic
zest of one lemon

patted bird dry and put rub in cavity and out side of bird. zest went inside and under skin, this worked well. next bird I will go for a herb flavor w/ lemon zest. ckn on sale this week, time to experiment. thanks for the help...
Kim

If you haven't already, you might want to try Mrs. Dash Original. Beautiful chicken!