If you could please keep my niece in your prayers....

smoke king

Banned
My niece has been battling cancer for awhile now. It was in her lymph nodes, and she was able to beat it (we are stubborn sob's!)

But now shes facing another surgery this Tuesday in Phoenix, once again cancer related-and frankly, I'm scared to death. The irony is that we've been estranged for 20+ years, over a stupid thing, all my fault. Words were said that cut deeply, feelings were hurt. In just the past few weeks, she and I started talking again. Its been a little awkward, but it was a breakthrough. Now we talk almost daily, and I am so thankful for it, it literally brings me to tears. In fact, its happening right now. Her sister, on the other hand, isn't so receptive to it, but I hope and pray that one day that will change. My oldest brother was quite a bit older than me, so the girls were really like my best friends growing up, and maybe its my age, but I am realizing how important they were to me then, and still are. I have so many regrets in my lifetime, but this is the only one that matters to me. I am a firm believer that faith means we shouldn't ask why, but I can't help it. Shes not even 40 years old. Just too damn young.......

My niece facing surgerys name is Lisa, and if you could include her, I would be so thankful. I'm at the point right now that I wish I could trade places with her-maybe make things right..........

Thanks so much everyone.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh no, Bob!! This is terrible! Poor girl - of course we will pray for her complete recovery for the surgery and from cancer. Thank you for asking us. When you talk to Lisa next, let her know that there are people from all over sending her healing thoughts and prayers.

I know what you mean about struggling with faith. I do, too. But don't be too hard on yourself - you are angry and screaming "Why?" out of love for another. Love is no small thing and it carries a lot of power that your niece needs right now.

Meme4251

SK, sending many thoughts and prayers for your niece...Wishing her all the best wishes for a super recovery...Take care of yourself also, Meme:respect:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So sorry to hear this SK. Good thoughts and prayers on the way to Lisa. She fought the big C once and beat it I pray she can do it again.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll be praying for Lisa, her sister and you too Bob! I think most of us struggle with our faith and want to know why things have to happen, after all, we're only human. We'll all be here for you to lean on.

smoke king

Banned
Thanks everyone. With all thats going on, a good nights sleep seems like a distant memory right now, but I am trying. You guys were right there with me when I had my "episode", and here you are again.

I sincerely appreciate each and everyone of you; I am proud to call you my friends. I am really lucky to have, and thankful for, all of you.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sending positive and healing energies out to Lisa, and to you as well, Bob.

The best thing is that you two are in touch with each other again after so many years. That, in itself, is a blessing!

We're pulling for her!

Lee

smoke king

Banned
We chatted briefly this AM, and she is in good spirits. One thing about my family, we are a bunch of honery sob's, and no matter what shes up against, "it" is in for the fight of its life. And being the "hillbillies" that we are, if you fight one of us, your going to have to fight us all!!:D

And Lee, I believe you are right-the fact that she and I were able to connect after all these years (she actually rejected my FB "friendship" at first, and that was maybe a month ago) was more than a blessing-it was a miracle IMO. Just by a couple of "flukes" we started talking-I had actually given up on trying, and suddenly, we are talking everyday, and I honestly make a beeline for the computer to look for emails from her.

It was hard for me to keep it together today-I didn't want to upset her, and I did a good job-I just fell apart afterwards. I am so scared for her. I told her when she gets out I could come to Phoenix fror awhile to help her out (I love the desert climate, so my generosity did come with an agenda!) but she said, no, she'd be OK. We are a hard headed bunch, fiercely independent. and while normally thats a good thing, I think a person has to realize that sometimes its OK to take people up on their offer to help. But I won't push it-I just left the door open for her just in case.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts, prayers and kind words-it means so much to me.:smile: