What is your favorite Chicken Marinade?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What is your favorite Chicken Marinade?

We just tried one my daughter recommended:
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. Pretty good, but my favorite is still Italian Dressing.

Are there other dressings that folks use as a marinade? All this is new to me.

What else is good as a marinade to spice up da chicken a little bit?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I tried something the other day in honour of Derby weekend...I did a traditional rub on the chicken, then poured some maple syrup over it. Two days later it was sweet and spicy and magnificent.

Lefty

Yank
I salt and pepper the chicken, then soak it in buttermilk and hit it with Cajun seasoning. I usually let that sit for a couple of hours in the fridge.

I also have done the chicken in my home made vingrette that is also wonderful. I will see if I can find the link to where I posted it.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I do the buttermilk as well....but only if I'm then going to flour and fry it. I'm sure it's spectacular just hitting the grill...I'll have to give that a try.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys! Good stuff. Keep em coming (please). :D

High Cheese

Saucier
I generally don't marinade chicken but I do like using an array of bottled marinades/sauces to use as bastes for grilled chicken. I keep a half a dozen or so on hand since most can be used on different meats.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Can't say I've ever marinated chicken a whole lot, but a couple of times I've used Italian dressing.

The kids used to love chicken breasts marinated in Hidden Valley Ranch then baked after rolling in crushed Ritz crackers.

We did a bbq once where we had marinated wings and legs in nothing but Heinz 57 steak sauce, now THAT was good and smells like heaven on the grill.:heart:

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
depends on what the end result is that I want, But, I like. . .no, I LOVE, kinda doing a home made margarita mix, with the addition of cumin, crushed red pepper, cilantro a little ginger and honey.

Deelady

That sounds really good UncleRalph!

My favorite go to marinade was always my lemon one.....1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, kosher salt and pepper.

or yougurt chicken is always tasty.... 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1tsp minced garlic,1/2 tsp curry powder or tandorri seasoning, salt and pepper, juice of 1 lemon

GotGarlic

My favorite is Greek - fresh lemon juice, minced fresh oregano, minced fresh garlic, olive oil and S&P. It's scrumptious served sliced in a pita with tzatziki, lettuce, tomatoes and feta cheese.

Depends on what my meal will be. Sometimes low-sodium soy sauce, garlic, orange or pineapple juice, & ginger... Or teriyaki sauce & garlic.

How about pouring some bloody mary mix over wings or boneless skinless breasts?

2 parts V-8 juice mixed with 1 part vodka, S&P, Tabasco sauce, Lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Celery seed & Olive oil.

I've had tequila lime wings. These Tequila, lime, garlic & chili breasts look delish!

http://web.mac.com/marciaskitchen/Site/Tequila_Lime_Chicken.html

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
All of these sound fantastic and tasty. :thumb: I plan to try them all.

High Cheese

Saucier
depends on what the end result is that I want, But, I like. . .no, I LOVE, kinda doing a home made margarita mix, with the addition of cumin, crushed red pepper, cilantro a little ginger and honey.

Oh, that sounds good! Recipe?

I've done tequilla & lime chicken before. Came out pretty decent.

PanchoHambre

I usually use an acid, a sugar, some heat and some herbs but I am never consistent just open up the cabinet and go for it. I am very impulsive when it comes to cooking which sucks because when stuff comes out really good I am at a loss to recreate.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
tonight i did olive oil, sea salt, 4 peppercorn blend, thyme, rosemary, dry onion flake, red pepper flake and dry minced garlic (mixed and placed in a grinder - several medium course grinds to taste), dry oregano and fresh garlic. to that sometimes i add lemon and/or vinegar.

- soy sauce, olive or sesame oil, grated fresh ginger, grated fresh garlic and sesame seeds.

- just olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, ground pepper and oregano.