Stuffed poblano's

Lauren

four good sized peppers, open the long way, then fill with a mix of steak,potatoes,onions and garlic all cut in small dice I'm thinking I'll sauted everything just a little in butter for lots of flavor then add some cumine, salt and pepper and bake til cooked through, serve with a green salad of butter lettuce orange sections, red onion, use a second orange along with some apple cider vinegar and evoo salt and pepper to dress the whole thing..Wish me luck this is an off the top of my head..
Lauren:whistle:

AllenOK

Lauren, do you have anyplace local that makes a decent chorizo? That might make a better stuffing mix.

I just recently obtained a copy of a killer chorizo recipe that I had many years ago. It make 5 lbs of chorizo, but is well worth the effort.

Lauren

Lauren, do you have anyplace local that makes a decent chorizo? That might make a better stuffing mix.

I just recently obtained a copy of a killer chorizo recipe that I had many years ago. It make 5 lbs of chorizo, but is well worth the effort.
Yes I do, I'll get some today and give it a try thanks Allen
lauren

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
One extra step in the beginning (yes it's a pain in the a**) will make these even better, because the poblano skins are pretty tough. Roast the poblanos over a gas flame or under your broiler until the skin blisters and begins to turn black, then wrap in a paper towel or dish towel for about 15 minutes for them to steam. Hold under cold running water, and the skins will slip off. This is the way classic chiles rellenos are made and it really does make them better. Your stuffing mix sounds delicious, but I agree with Allen - some good chorizo would put it over the top!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Sounds good Lauren, I don't believe in luck, but I do hope it turns out for you!

Lauren

One extra step in the beginning (yes it's a pain in the a**) will make these even better, because the poblano skins are pretty tough. Roast the poblanos over a gas flame or under your broiler until the skin blisters and begins to turn black, then wrap in a paper towel or dish towel for about 15 minutes for them to steam. Hold under cold running water, and the skins will slip off. This is the way classic chiles rellenos are made and it really does make them better. Your stuffing mix sounds delicious, but I agree with Allen - some good chorizo would put it over the top!
Will do, i'd planned t roast the peppers first, just didn't think to mention it...Thanks Karen
Lauren

Allen, I've been looking here in the Huntsville AL area, and haven't found chorizo in a bulk pack - only Italian, sliced for sandwiches. Can you share your chorizo recipie?

Thanks

Fred

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sounds good. Chirozo is readily available around here so that variation would be easy to try out. And roasting them before would have to wait until summer, but I could oven roast them, right?

smoke king

Banned
Well, whattaya know!

I just saw Guy Fieri making some stuffed poblanos the other day and printed off his recipe to make next week!

Oooh-I bet those are Money!!:yum::yum:

Just kidding Lee-I saw the same episode and they look very good indeed-I just couldn't help taking my shot at GF!