Start the What's Cooking thread and Win a new NCT Apron!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Starting today anyone who starts the What's Cooking thread for the day will have their name entered in a contest to win a NCT Apron (like the one we all are signing).

You can enter more than once, by starting the thread on more than one day. All members who start the thread will have their number put in a hat and the one who is drawn out wins the Apron (Your number is the same as the date of the day you start the thread, ie: Miniman's is number 6). Myself and the mods are exempt from this contest. If the thread is not started by 3pm EDT, myself or a mod will start it and no entry will be put into the contest for that day.

Contest ends April 30th. If this goes well we might try it again in May.

Please, get into the fun and help out NCT by starting the What's Cooking thread today! :D

April 6th: Miniman
April 7th: BuckyTom
April 8th: NewNork1978
April 9th: Lifesaver
April 10th: Lucky Trim
April 11th: Peeps (formerly SilverSage)
April 12th: JoeV
April 13th: BuckyTom
April 14th: Peeps (formerly SilverSage)
April 15th: Mama
April 16th: vyapti
April 17th: Lucky Trim
April 18th: Lucky Trim
April 19th: Peeps (formerly SilverSage)
April 20th: Miniman
April 21th: BuckyTom
April 22th: Mama
April 23th: Mama
April 24th: Lifesaver
April 25th: Lifesaver
April 26th: Sass Muffin
April 27th: KimChee
April 28th: RonJohn
April 29th: Miniman
April 30th: RonJohn

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo! Great contest, Doc. I happen to have one of the fine, NCT aprons and it's definitely worth trying to win.

K

Kimchee

I am embarrassed to say I started today's first..... but elsewhere, LOLOL!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
lol, can we start one for a future day? i mean, all of the entries could be in by today...:huh:
:yum: :yum: Leave it to BT. :yum: Actually I thought of that but figured for an Apron no one would go to that extreme. :yum:

No, you cannot start it days ahead. If some dummy does that then the first one to reply or post a new what's for dinner thread on that particular day will get the credit. Fair nuff? :D

Congrats BT, you nailed it today. You are number 7!!!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't find it Kimchee .... you weren't pulling my leg were ya?

It does have to be in a What's Cooking Today type of thread with the day or date included.

Newnork1978

Excellent idea...now I've got some competition! :brows: I'll have to wake up earlier than normal if I want to get the "What's Cookin'" thread started before anyone else, now. WooHoo! :bounce:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep you got a bit of a headstart on us Mini. :D I'm sure you'll get your share in but you'll also give others a chance. :thumb: :wink: :tiphat: :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't see one for today yet Angel, nows your chance. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lifesaver is the latest entrant into the win a NCT Apron Contest. Congrats Lifesaver! Lucky number is 9.

So, does LuckyTrim's "Getting a Jump on Monday's Dinner" put him in the running? Because I can see this contest quickly turning that way. Heck, I can tell you right now what I'm planning for dinner next Monday & Tuesday. Does that put me in the running?

See where this is leading?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, does LuckyTrim's "Getting a Jump on Monday's Dinner" put him in the running? Because I can see this contest quickly turning that way. Heck, I can tell you right now what I'm planning for dinner next Monday & Tuesday. Does that put me in the running?

See where this is leading?
No, it does not work that way. The What's for dinner post has to be started the day of the dinner in question.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You got it SS!!!!! I just congratulated you in your what's for dinner thread. Still drooling over that chocolate cake. :eek: Wow! It looks so good I could taste it. :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats to our latest entrant: JoeV. Joe, your lucky number is 12! :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats to BuckyTom. BT gets lucky number 13 for the NCT Apron Contest. :dancing: :thewave: :tiphat:

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks doc. i got called into work at 11pm last night, so i figured i'd get in one more entry. gotta give them english a run for their money. :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
thanks doc. i got called into work at 11pm last night, so i figured i'd get in one more entry. gotta give them english a run for their money. :D
No problem at all BT. Thanks for starting the thread. :thumb:

I'm considering limiting the number of entrants by any one member to 3. Does that seem reasonable to all? If someone with 3 entries already started the thread, that is okay, but the 2nd poster would be entered for that date (unless they already had 3 entries ...then the third poster would get it etc.... Make sense?

buckytom

Grill Master
3 entries sounds good, with the additional rule of the next poster for those with 3 already.

that means our odds to win are at best 10 to 1, at worst 30 to 1.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I like the limit of 3. I get up at 5:30, and usually Peeps had the thread started by then. Since you set up the contest, and Miniman graciously agreed not to start it every morning, I've been reluctant to do it more than once.

Having a limit sort of gives me 'permission' to start it more than once, without getting carried away and hogging all the chances. Does that make sense?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like the limit of 3. I get up at 5:30, and usually Peeps had the thread started by then. Since you set up the contest, and Miniman graciously agreed not to start it every morning, I've been reluctant to do it more than once.

Having a limit sort of gives me 'permission' to start it more than once, without getting carried away and hogging all the chances. Does that make sense?
Well said SS. Thanks for you all's thoughts and agreement on this.

The rule will stand. Everyone can enter the Win a NCT Apron contest up to 3 times a month. If you start the thread more than 3 times (which is fine by me) the 2nd person to post will be entered into the contest.

If this goes well I'll do it again another month or two.

If you have other ideas for contests that help generate posts here on NCT please pass them on to me and I'll see what I can do. If whoever wins the Apron would prefer a rear window decal for their car / vehicle, that could be arranged also. It's good to have an option. :D