Ham tag alongs...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
What do you generally serve with baked ham?? I don't celebrate easter, per se, but do celebrate traditions and the new season. I also desperately require friends and family to assist with packing up 18 years worth of life.

I don't usually make hams alone. Usually they ride in on the roast turkey and look good on the table. I'm thinking mac and cheese, cole slaw and warm rye bread.

Don't want anyone to get too bogged down and incapable of lugging boxes and crates...

Any other suggestions??

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love asparagus with ham. Lately, I've been drizzling it with balsamic vinegar and it is freakin' awesome.

Wouldn't it be fun if we could organize an NCT road trip and show up there to help you pack? I'm pretty sure there are a few guys here that would pay you to let them pack your lingerie drawer....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Would you consider a cold picnic-buffet, Vera?

Cook your ham, chill, slice. Bowls of potato salad and/or macaroni salads, hard boiled eggs (colored, natch), maybe an asparagus vinagrette salad. Pickles, olives.

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
vb, grated beets and horseradish, warm red cabbage slaw, steamed savory stringbeans, and potato pancakes with applesauce are my suggestions.

oh, and farmers cheese to go with the warm rye.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
scalloped or au gratin taters? i've also got recipe that i love for taters. boil 5 pounds of red taters, peel if you'd prefer, grate. layer in a baking pan, sprinkle garlic & onion on alternating w/ the taters. pepper may be added, too, & grated cheese. pour 3 containers of cream onto them. cover & next day, bake them through.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Green beans and potatoes.
My mother used to thicken fruit cocktail and spread it on easter ham.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Coconut cake or Strawberry Shortcake for dessert!

I guess great minds and all...picked up the ingredients for individual strawberry shortcakes just an hour ago. Doing a carrot cake as well.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I love asparagus with ham. Lately, I've been drizzling it with balsamic vinegar and it is freakin' awesome.

Wouldn't it be fun if we could organize an NCT road trip and show up there to help you pack? I'm pretty sure there are a few guys here that would pay you to let them pack your lingerie drawer....

hahhaha...what??....you think I'd let them touch my SHOES for free????:brows:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Love all the ideas!! Potato pancakes had come to mind but I'm trying to keep OUT of the kitchen. I did pick up a couple pounds of beautiful green beans, so thank you for those suggestions.

I think I'll do a few extra hard boiled eggs, too. I was originally only going to do them for the breads, but I like the idea of putting some of them out, too.

Thanks everyone. xoxoxo

Meme4251

VB, I usually do the mac & cheese w/my ham along w/bacon/onion/green beens, green salad and some type of rolls or french bread. My kid's always expect the mac & cheese every meal here regardless what meat I am serving. :wink:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Ham is our Easter dinner as well- Nothing special, mashed potato's and corn.
I am looking forward to all the Ham left over recipes.
Happy Easter all!
Did not feel the Earthquakes here in San Francisco Bay Area!