Sass Muffin to have surgery

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I just learned on FF that Sass Muffin will have gall bladder surgery on Friday. Details on the hospital are unknown right now, but perhaps Doc could keep you informed as he learns more. This is routine surgery, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting this over here Joe. :thumb:

I agree they call gallbladder surgery routine but when they cut on you, nothing is routine. A friend of mine from the yacht club knows this to well. His wife had gallbladder surgery last Oct. She did not make it. I 'think' it was due to heart issues, but I'm not positive of that. I do know he was devastated. So sudden and out of the blue. She was only 60.

I know PG is nowhere close to 60 but still, any surgery can have unexpected results. I think we all strive and hope not to have to be cut on, but sometimes it is necessary.

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way Lolly.

GotGarlic

Doc, you're right that any surgery can have unexpected difficulties, but I had gallbladder surgery a couple of years ago and due to scar tissue from previous surgeries, the doctor couldn't do it laparascopically, which is generally done now. I still went home the next day :smile:

Best wishes, Sass. Take care.

buckytom

Grill Master
saying a prayer that all goes well. feel better soon, sass.

as far as routine surgery goes, a co-worker went in for a gallbladder operation one morning last year, expecting to be waking up in his room a short time after lunch. when he finally awoke, he realized that it was night time, a day later! he also realized that he had a really sore throat and no stitches where he should have had them.
his wife told him that the doctors nicked something while he was being intubated, which started a series of complications from internal bleeding to his heart stopping several times. they never got around to the scheduled surgery.

so like doc says, no cutting is simply routine.

Meme4251

Wishing you a speedy recovery Sass and know you will feel like another person afterwards..I had it done about 2 years ago, day surgery, early in the morning and was back home feeling real good the next morning. Actually, was moving around the house pretty good. Had no complications...Hoping yours is the same. Get well soon.....:smile:

Newnork1978

744101hdrkact1r3.jpg

Here's hoping for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for Sass.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, no! This doesn't sound like fun. And this is tomorrow? I will definitely be sending healing vibes and prayers her way. Does anyone know if one of her sons will be taking care of her for a couple of days after?

And thank you so much for letting us know, JoeV.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sending you healing energies, Sass!

Give us a report as soon as you can!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Well, obviously Sass's surgery will go perfectly because we are a powerful force here! I can't wait to hear she's out of the OR and on the mend.

buckytom

Grill Master
sass has a lot of gall, but i hope they don't take too much out. i kind of like her the way she is...

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sorry to keep all of you guessing. Sass does not know I posted here about her surgery, so she didn't know you were left hanging. She DID post over on FF, and here is her response;

Thanks a bunch all of you!
flowers.gif
biggrin.gif

Thank you CG,Bobcat--- (you should work for the CIA, you know that? lol), Lilnixon,Muley, Lonzo and Foggy for your phone calls.
Sorry if I sounded off Foggy, that Dilaudid is some good stuff!

CG is correct, it was pancreatitis, pretty bad too.
Had an ERCP done on Tuesday afternoon at which time a stent was placed in the base of my pancreas to allow some of the stones to flush through.
Liquid diet, then allowed a soft diet, laparoscopic surgery yesterday around 11:30.
Apparently my gallbladder was so full of stones that they started escaping down, getting into the pancreatic duct. I didn't keep the stones that were in the gallbladder, but this little SOB was most likely the cause of a lot of my pain last week (saved from the endoscopy procedure ughh!)..

attachment.php

I am left with some beautiful sutures and steri strips, one in my belly button and three on various parts of my right side.
Maybe I'll take some pics of them later.

Gretch was thrilled to see me. The neighbours took good care of her.
smile.gif

She is now resting, and will be back online when she is stronger.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG! Isn't that a GIANT stone??? YIKES!!

Joe, thanks for the update!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That's wonderful news, Joe!!! Thank you so much for letting us know. That stone looks horribly painful - poor Sass. I'll keep her in my prayers til she's back online.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Just now seeing this! I'm glad the surgery went well now I hope you Get well soon Sass!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks all for the well wishes and the birthday greetings.
I am feeling fine and resting well, AND eating foods that agree with me. lol
Belated b-day wishes to Monte, Cheesy, Dee and anyone else I may have missed.
I'll catch up around here tomorrow sometime.
Thanks Terry for having such a beautiful, gold and caring heart and feeling concerned about me.
Whether you know it or not, I love you guys all very much.
Sleepy time calls..
Before I leave I must tell you that JoeV has buns on the way to soothe me as a get well gift, and my dear friend Bobcat from FF sent me a stuffed Bobcat to watch over me.

bc4.jpg

bc5.jpg

Amazing friends for being there when it matters most.
Hugs all.:heart::thumb: