Ultimate Recipe Showdown

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
There is a new show brewing at The Food Network and Im excited! Anyone else watch it??

Are you a whiz in the kitchen? Do you have a favorite recipe that all your friends and family members constantly rave about? Well, it is Ultimate Recipe Showdown time over at The Food Network, and your original creation could win you a cool $10k.

According to their official rules, fifty-four finalists (9 in each category) will be flown to Los Angeles to prepare their original recipes on camera and compete for the top prize in each category - $10,000 in cash. The categories include chicken, pasta, comfort foods, burgers, cookies, and cakes.

I've seen what some of you can do in the kitchen, and I'd love to hear that one of our readers / a fellow blogger won one of the prizes, so get your submissions in! You can view the full contest rules at the Food Network site.
food-network.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, I was thinking of a recipe contest for here. They read my mind ...only the prize is about 1000 times more than I was considering.

Sushi have you seen forums run a contest. Looking for ideas and gotchas. I'm also thinking of a grandma's recipes forum or extra speacil recipes. Ones that you've tried and everyone raves about.

Ideas anyone?

Deadly Sushi

Well I think we need an Outdoor Cooking section. :thumb: Outside of that Im not sure how the contests would be run. How could we judge them?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Any chance we can rename it Outdoor Cooking? :eek::poke:

That is too restrictive. Outside the Kitchen is a proper topic name.

We cooked in the entrance foyer for 2 months while remodeling the kitchen :D

Attachments

• MVC-017S_kitchen_in_the_hall.JPG
    MVC-017S_kitchen_in_the_hall.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 567
  • MVC-027S_naked_kitchen.JPG
    MVC-027S_naked_kitchen.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 307

Deadly Sushi

That is too restrictive. Outside the Kitchen is a proper topic name.

We cooked in the entrance foyer for 2 months while remodeling the kitchen :D

:yum::yum::yum: I was referring to grilling and such. ;)