New index page.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know at least a few of you strongly suggested the pics on my index page were not the most appetizing and needed updating. While I certainly have to agree, I choose to go a differnet route.

Index pages are all about page rank. I've created the majority of my index pages with people in mind. To help them understand what the forum was about so they knew what they were about to jump into. I have lost page rank and google hits for my efforts. :( So, I've been wanting to get what is called a "Content Management System" in place where the index page is updated via a backend database. What better to use than the VB database we all post our posts and pics into?

So now our index page is a conglomeration of what is happening on Net Cooking Talk. I plan to add a bigger link to make it easier to find your way into the forums, but for now it's a good start. Check it out:
www.netcookingtalk.com

Look at the top left for a link to the forums. It's small but it's there. Works for now.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I like it - nice and clear and lots of bits to draw in a casual visitor - also they can see what the discussions are on.
One minor niggle - my system is not picking up two pictures in the banner - One just under the logo and the other more central under the ads and above the main box.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Ooooooh! Cool - a few questions. Can we configure our buddy list to the order we would like?

In quick moderation, I see POSTS (2) when I click it it says nothing to show. Whazzup with that?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure what's up with that. I saw it also but never clicked it.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I clicked it, too, but got a message that said no results found. But aside from that - I love the format, Doc! Wow! It's sleek and has everything right there. Really nice, Doc. Thank you.