jonesing for 80's nostalgia food!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i've gotten so into these 80's food sites.:wub:
gatorade gum! pudding pies! 80's cereals! the jingles & the advertisements! ALBA shakes! chix littles! grasshopper cookies!
kimmie GIBBLER was in 1 of the ads! woah, way 80's there!
awww, i'm smitten.

yins like these nostalgia sites for your faves?

from your era or mine?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Which ones did you make, luvs? Did you make Grasshopper Cookies???

Those sound incredible!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i haven't cooked them, i love reading 'bout that stuff though. have ya bought those before? they were these crispy chocolate cookie wafers, like a minty oreo.
i am looking for more faves, like microwave shakes- maybe those were 90's.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, are they like the chocolate mint Girl Scout cookies???

I would love to try making any cookie that's minty and chocolatey!

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
lol @ now and laters.

i remember seeing a sign at mcdonald's for a mclean sandwich.

i thought, pronouncing it the proper irish way, "what the hell is a "mac-lane" sandwich".

it wasn't until i heard the ad on a radio the it was supposed to be leaner, hence "mac-leen".

High Cheese

Saucier
I don't remember if it was a movie or real life, but an Asian fella ordering a McDLT said: "one M C D L T" no "Mic" but M. C. lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'kay before this slips me by i'm gonna post- there were these cookies, they were like several layers of crispy plain wafers, & there was a layer of creme between these wafers. the cookie was a stick-type deal, & they were dipped in chocolate.
keebler maybe? these weren't esential 80's, i loved them though.
ecto hi-c that slimer made delicious.
polarbear neopolitan ice cream. regent pop. pudding pops (now in stock, they're different, though), strawberry twinkies, that oatmeal that you'd squeeze a packet of fruity gel onto. plastic cups of these bland dipping-stix in 1 half, a fudge dip on the other. creamy cucumber dressings. carnation breakfast ads. sizzlean (kinda) bacon-like food. that was so awesome.

High Cheese

Saucier
Were they just called wafer bars or something? They sell them with the corny, no-name cookies at the supermarket. Speaking of cookies, I like those thin, round wafer cookies with the frosting stripes. those things are gooood.

My Mom used to get that Carnation stuff. lol I think they used to have green twinkies for St.Pats day.

How about those big ol Hi-C and Hawaiian Punch cans? I used to remove the tops and bottoms, tape them together and try to make a tin man costume. lol

vyapti

lol @ now and laters.

i remember seeing a sign at mcdonald's for a mclean sandwich.

i thought, pronouncing it the proper irish way, "what the hell is a "mac-lane" sandwich".

it wasn't until i heard the ad on a radio the it was supposed to be leaner, hence "mac-leen".
That was my favorite of the series. Die Hard With a Sandwich.

High Cheese

Saucier
We used to go to the mall to stock up on Aqua Net for our mullets, hit Orange Julius which was just outside of Merry Go Round. If we had any dough left we'd hit the arcade on the way out and play Pole Position with the Ramones "up to eleven" on the Walkman.

lmao

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ohhhhhhhhhhh, mullets. yeah, the 'ol mullet itself. that there mullet. the mullet.
almost, ALMOST more radically bodacious than those fluffy hairsprayed bangs & those scrunchies in neon-print shades!
i'm gonna look for my pogo-ball & my ewok. well, after the goonies is over. then i'm gonna snooze, i'll lay on my pillow person pillow. my glowworm & popples should keep me company.
may play mousetrap before that though. after i watch some mr. belvedere.

on another note, what's this crocs deal? i mean, there's JELLIES that they could tout instead! & jelly bracelets! both glittery & plain!?
i exercise when i'm stressed. where's my chinese jumprope? may skip-it instead.

Last edited:

High Cheese

Saucier
I made a noose out of those jelly bracelets for your CABBAGE patch kid. Tied it to 99 luftballoons and said "TTFN".

Then hopped in my IROC with my collar up and my Risky Business shades working my CLACKERS to the tune of "You Might Think".

lmfao

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
he-heeeeeee! luv yins! :)
ohhhh, i love nostalgia candy, too. sixlets. they made me nauseous 'cept i'd get them for a snack so often.
was i the only product-of-the-80's that owned a sears keyboard that connected to a television? if programmed, these mice would sing a song.
garbage pail paraphenilia & tiffany rocked.
if ya sought luv from fellow students, your hair was bigger than you & often was in a babana clip, twin combs, french braids, or punky colored, your spandex/cutoff combo was blinding, bangle bracelets dominated, your drink was new york seltzer, the facts of was a great show, unparalled, though, by 'you-can't-do-that-on-television.
ferris bueler, he rocked. he rocks on now!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Were they just called wafer bars or something? They sell them with the corny, no-name cookies at the supermarket. Speaking of cookies, I like those thin, round wafer cookies with the frosting stripes. those things are gooood.

My Mom used to get that Carnation stuff. lol I think they used to have green twinkies for St.Pats day.

How about those big ol Hi-C and Hawaiian Punch cans? I used to remove the tops and bottoms, tape them together and try to make a tin man costume. lol

i would get those strawberry/choc/vanilla cookies by the generics, these were a keebler item though.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I made a noose out of those jelly bracelets for your CABBAGE patch kid. Tied it to 99 luftballoons and said "TTFN".

Then hopped in my IROC with my collar up and my Risky Business shades working my CLACKERS to the tune of "You Might Think".

lmfao

well, me & my doll 'cricket' made a plan, for your information! on my etch-a-sketch. we're gonna be at your place asap, accompanied by snugggle-bear, care-bears, 'my buddy & kid sister', teddy ruxpin, & GEM, after i read this berenstien bears book. my boil-in-bag roast beef & gravy is cooked, dinner for me!
then we're gonna be there & we'll punch ya!:bounce:

AllenOK

..blueberry slurpees, McDLT's, McRibs, candy cigarettes, Roy Rogers......

One thing I remembered, from the late 80's, the 90's, and as recently as 2002, when I moved from OK to MI, you could still get McRibs in Missouri. After 2002, I never really checked when we were in Missouri. We usually ate at different places, if we even stopped.

McNasty's in MI would usually do McRibs once a year, for a month. I haven't seen them here in OK for over a decade.

Honestly, I had my fill in 2003. I just preferred decent BBQ over that cooked/pressed/chopped thing.

suziquzie

Ah man...you just reminded me of that stupid series of love stories girls my age would GAWK at back in the day. I don't recall the name of the books, but they would go frickin crazy about them.
Was it the VC Andrews ones? Flowers in the Attic and those? lol
Read 'em all :whistle:

GrantsKat

We used to go to the mall to stock up on Aqua Net for our mullets, hit Orange Julius which was just outside of Merry Go Round. If we had any dough left we'd hit the arcade on the way out and play Pole Position with the Ramones "up to eleven" on the Walkman.

lmao

omg yes orange julius and soft pretzels at the mall, lol
aqua net, the white can - xtra super hold.........those were the days :mrgreen::lol:

GotGarlic

'kay before this slips me by i'm gonna post- there were these cookies, they were like several layers of crispy plain wafers, & there was a layer of creme between these wafers. the cookie was a stick-type deal, & they were dipped in chocolate.
keebler maybe? these weren't esential 80's, i loved them though.

Sounds like a Kit Kat to me.

Attachments

• kitkat.jpg
    kitkat.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 800px-KitKat.jpg
    800px-KitKat.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 285