SUNDAY'S REPAST ??

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
NOTHING FANCY TODAY; I'VE GOT A HANGOVER YOU COULD CUT UP AND SERVE !!

Tomato and Garbanzo Soup over Rice

Shoo-Fly Pie

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=168256#post168256

InasFiletswithSauteedshrooms038.jpg

K

Kimchee

I don't envy you the hangover, dude!
When I was young and partied a LOT, this old dude (would call him my age now, LOL)
used to come to work at my Dad's store every now and then hungover. He'd literally
crawl behind a counter and nap!! Warned me that when I got older, hangovers would hurt more than they used to.... And dangnabit, he was RIGHT! So I avoid them most assiduously these days!

As for dinner... either leftover roast and mashed potatoes or breakfast food, haven't decided.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, I wanted to karma you...but have to spread some around first. I loved the saying 'I've got a hangover you could cut up and serve'!! Brilliant.
I must use that one.:wink:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Macaroni and meatballs with garlic bread and a tossed salad. Typical sunday..

Lefty

Yank
Express Chili. I will make some chili dogs, chili nachos tonight. I will use the leftovers for work this week.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
where the shoo fly pie recipe? :sad:

i have no idea what dinner will be.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Has friends round - and made goulash, served with fresh bread & carrots. Then fruit & a chocolate fondue.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Pizza - Sauce and Dough homemade.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0259.jpg
    tn_IMG_0259.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 110
  • tn_IMG_0260.jpg
    tn_IMG_0260.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 107
  • tn_IMG_0261.jpg
    tn_IMG_0261.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 99

GotGarlic

I'm going with pan-fried boneless pork chops with spicy garlic-hoisin sauce, Asian noodles, and a green salad.

It's clean out the fridge night. Leftover cheese manicotti, Eggplant rollatini, Lemon garlic bread. I've had a taste for something sweet. If I have time - Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
So we're tying to eliminate my collection of frozen meats. My wife pulled out a piece of veal tenderloin from December, 2000! Fortunately, it was packed in a vacuum pouch, but, on the other hand, it was probably about .75 pound, not enough for the three of us (my son is a big eater). Yesterday I picked up some veal and porcini "purses" that I've been drying to try, and today I grabbed some mushrooms at an Asian market, Assi. With the mushrooms, I made a classic Sauce Duxelles, but then added a splash of cream. Tossed the purses with some sauce, placed a few sauteed trumpet mushrooms on top, topped with sliced veal and some more sauce.

Attachments

• P1040948.JPG
    P1040948.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 118

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i feel kinda punky so my older girl doctored up a can of plain tomato sauce with wine, herbs and spices including ripped fresh basil leaves. served over mini bowtie pasta and topped with grated italian cheeses. it was fantastic!! i didn't take any pics.

I threw together an impromptu shrimp curry using half a jar of Trader Joe's "Tomato Chutney" (delicious medium-spicy stuff!!!!), dash of chicken broth, jumbo shrimp, fresh cauliflower florets, fresh snow peas, & a can of diced tomatoes. All served on a bed of cous cous along with a green salad.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
So we're tying to eliminate my collection of frozen meats. My wife pulled out a piece of veal tenderloin from December, 2000! Fortunately, it was packed in a vacuum pouch, but, on the other hand, it was probably about .75 pound, not enough for the three of us (my son is a big eater). Yesterday I picked up some veal and porcini "purses" that I've been drying to try, and today I grabbed some mushrooms at an Asian market, Assi. With the mushrooms, I made a classic Sauce Duxelles, but then added a splash of cream. Tossed the purses with some sauce, placed a few sauteed trumpet mushrooms on top, topped with sliced veal and some more sauce.

:w00t:

That looks incredible!! :clap:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
hes on his way up to get beef tenderloin on sale at shop rite!! told me to tell bon jovi hes on his way!! :yum:

I'm on my way! Keep the beer cold, and have the pizza ready for the oven. We'll hit Shop Rite, load up on tenderloin, then gorge on pizza! Ready???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKFwtgUJHs[/ame]

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Absolutely!! All I need is a bag of charcoal, a grate, and some bricks. We're gonna rock this hard! Ready?? :clap:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm got the charcoal, grate but no bricks. i'm always ready for beef!! LOL

buckytom

Grill Master
we went to don pepe's http://www.donpeperestaurant.com/ in newark today, then on to the devil's game at the prudential center.

dinner was awesome, as hoped for. we started with the gambas al ajillo, then my boy and i shared a giant paella valenciana. we have leftovers for 2 more meals, each! dw had some red snapper special, veggies, and rice.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Bucky - DW used to work a block from Don Pepe's.

Keltin - Bring it on.

Peep - Bricks I can get. 40# of charcoal in the shed waiting for spring.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Bucky - DW used to work a block from Don Pepe's.

Keltin - Bring it on.

Peep - Bricks I can get. 40# of charcoal in the shed waiting for spring.
whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo i am in pizza and beef heaven!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
If anyone is interested. this is the sauce and this is the dough.

I made the dough early and let it rise all day in the fridge. I also started the sauce early and did simmer for 3 hours. Toppings mushrooms, onions, black olives, red and yellow peppers. Anchovies afte the pies were cooked.