Whats cooking Saturday January 30, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Its early so I have choices - pasta with white or red sauce or pork.

I have been up all night again so coffee is in my near future LOL

Whats your choices?

buckytom

Grill Master
i've got dinner in the crock pot already going!

when i only have to work 8 hours on saturday, i've been making a habit of getting up early and getting dinner into the slow cooker so it's ready when i get home. it gives dw a break from deciding what to order out, lol.

i'm kidding honey if you're reading this! sort of... :whistling:

so, tonight is pot roast, slow cooked with shallots, fennel, baby carrots, celery, broccoli florets, baby corn, and crimini mushrooms.

all i have to do is make gravy when i get home, while dw makes riced spuds.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
i've got dinner in the crock pot already going!
I did this yesterday, BT. It was wonderful having the small of the roasts wafting through the house all day!

Tonight is homemade tomato-basil soup with left over pot roast sandwiches.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yogurt- excellent flavors, like passionfruit/peach, or walnut/plum. or a wheetbix & a splash of cow squeezins. both if i get too rebellious!!!!!!!!!!! :)
or.....
i glimpsed into my food budget last nite..... $615 extra, ye-eah! soooo i may get the rabbit i was gonna get yesterday, um, until i read the pricetag. $37?! well that's fine now! now gotta ring Dad for his stew recipe in a few.

buckytom

Grill Master
soooo i may get the rabbit i was gonna get yesterday, um, until i read the pricetag. $37?! well that's fine now! now gotta ring Dad for his stew recipe in a few.

anyone see "pets or meat", the 2nd michael moore flick?

you might be better off going to a pet store for a flop-eared. :ohmy:

GotGarlic

I'm making the German Potato and Sausage Soup I loved so much in Potsdam, with a green salad and no-knead bread, which has to go in the oven now.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're cocktailing with bourbon tonight...

First course is going to be a tomato and toretllini soup.

Second course is something called Paul's Fantasy from Ugelsich's restaurant (now sadly closed) in New Orleans. Pan seared fish fillet with diced yukon gold potatoes in a lemon and butter sauce. I'll make roasted brussel sprouts to go with that.

There is still a macon villages from christmas so that will be the wine tonight.

Dessert is angel food cake with warmed strawberry sauce.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
plans got changed and family had papa john's pizza. not sure what i want.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
anyone see "pets or meat", the 2nd michael moore flick?

you might be better off going to a pet store for a flop-eared. :ohmy:

well, he was kinda vacuum-sealed, so i couldn't quiz him 'bout his origins, know what i mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
In just a little while I'll be serving up good old Turkey Chili with all the fixins. Perfect for the uber cold, uber snowy day/night we're having.

Deelady

Peach yogurt...and about two hrs later a cheese sandwich :) Just, nothing sounded good to me!
Guess that explains how I have already lost ALL my pregnancy weight.....:blush:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
The tomato basil soup turned out so well that we never even made it to the sandwiches. It's cold here right now so the hot soup was perfect.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW was helping DD all day getting her condo ready for sale, and she sent me some turkey chili. The kid has this recipe dialed in.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Whole wheat french bread with roasted garlic

January2010126.jpg

Tomato and Tortellini soup

January2010128.jpg

Paul's Fantasy (from Ugelsich's restaurant in NOLA) with some minor changes

Pan fried bronzini and scallops over sauteed yukon gold potatos and roasted brussel sprouts

January2010135.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That whole meal looks wonderful, Vera, especially the fish. Love the dishes too. I was in Houston (the concrerte jungle :w00t2:) the last few days and wanted to stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to check out their dishes. After dodging the idiots on the freeway :angry:, I was just too darn tired, but I'm going to look and see what they have on-line.

That whole meal looks wonderful, Vera, especially the fish. Love the dishes too. I was in Houston (the concrerte jungle :w00t2:) the last few days and wanted to stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to check out their dishes. After dodging the idiots on the freeway :angry:, I was just too darn tired, but I'm going to look and see what they have on-line.[/QUOTE]

I bought a square white ceramic set (similar to the one below) for everyday dishes, on line from Crate & Barrel. You might see something you like there.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14176&f=36608

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/white-dinnerware/dining-and-entertaining/1

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That whole meal looks wonderful, Vera, especially the fish. Love the dishes too. I was in Houston (the concrerte jungle :w00t2:) the last few days and wanted to stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to check out their dishes. After dodging the idiots on the freeway :angry:, I was just too darn tired, but I'm going to look and see what they have on-line.[/QUOTE]

I bought a square white ceramic set (similar to the one below) for everyday dishes, on line from Crate & Barrel. You might see something you like there.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14176&f=36608

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/white-dinnerware/dining-and-entertaining/1

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Mr. Green Jeans

Follow up to last nights dinner, the oven sweet potato fries from Ingrid Hoffman's show were awesome! Course I'm a sweet tater junkie anyway.