What's your Super Bowl Sunday Dinner look Like on 2-1-09?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm headed to the store right now, so I'll know when I get back. Right now I think it will be turkey chili and Italian bread.

PanchoHambre

not watching the game... long day of drywall fun ahead of me... hopefully get some primer up... I'm defrosting an eggplant parm

chowhound

I've got some chili thawing made from a butt I smoked a while back, and plan on making Jean's simple bean dip, too, posted by QSis. And I've got some cheeses and stick pepperoni that I'll snack on with some Triscuits. Maybe wings.... the jury's still out on them.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I couldn't care less about the Superbowl, but for dinner we are having burgers and fries.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That is great Constance. My grandmother used to do it similar but put several shrimp on a skewers then into the oven. Pretty much the same only without the baking. Man those things where good. :thumb:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
That is great Constance. My grandmother used to do it similar but put several shrimp on a skewers then into the oven. Pretty much the same only without the baking. Man those things where good. :thumb:

Uh huh. And speaking of seafood, I just picked up 2 dozen large size clams and I'm gonna steam 'em using most of the ingredients in the recipe you posted a couple days ago. They should go well with corn on the cob and I'll serve them up in a great big, ummmm, SuperBowl. :clap:

Buzz

Lefty

Yank
I'm watching the game and eating at my local pub. I do have a pot roast going in the crock pot for work tomorrow and the kitchen smells great!!! :waiting:

homecook

I'll be making wings, sausage balls, 7-layer dip w/scoops, mini hot dogs wrapped in crescent dough and for half-time I think broccoli salad and sloppy joes.

Barb

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Cornish hen.... no SB goodies.... just a normal day like all the rest. Go CARDS!!!

Wart

Banned
I pulled the pizza dough from the freezer and put in the fridge two days ago.

It's had two days to age. Should be nearing a quasi sourdough state.

It's coming alive on the counter now, about time to split in two for warming to proofing temp so it comes the rest of the way alive, one for the wifes thin 16" and my thick 10" iron pan pizza.

Wife has to have her own pizza, she has a thing for what I call Ass Cheese, Well aged Provolone. I like it too but not in the same quantity. I use it as a flavoring, she likes it as an "extra topping".

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well we consider the super bowl days a snack food day so here is the menu as of now with most of it made already.

Buffalo wings (the first chicken for me in years), a few of racks of baby back ribs, deviled eggs, macaroni salad (my own recipe), the baked beans I posted the recipe for using peach pie filling, several different dips with chips and a last minute add of Constance's recipe she posted earlier in this thread for the spicy shrimp. We will have about 10 people here to watch the game. It is a help yourself buffet thing too.

The beans are in the oven, deviled eggs, salads and dips are made. Ribs are in the smoker, chicken is marinating with sauce made for it already, shrimp ready to go when people start to arrive at about 5 PM.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I may have to change my answer. Apparently they are having a party for the men only at our church for the Super Bowl. DW is pushing me to go... hmmm tryin to get me out of the house is she, LOL.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Saltimbocca, (a new recipe) Egg noodles, califlower, rolls and carrot cake.

lilylove

well... the man just requested snack food..so I'm going to the store... sigh... there goes the diet for today ! lol!!

suziquzie

dinner is lookin' like a picnic on the floor for them.... I'll make popcorn....
My kids watch the "Puppy Bowl" on Animal Planet instead.... for about 10 min. Then it's back to SpongeBob.
:)

chowhound

Dinner is now Doritos, chips and dips, and sugar cookies with m &ms!

Care to elaborate?
What flavor Doritos?
:lol::yum:

I just finished mixing up the ingredients for that dip. I've got the cheese all shredded in my food processor bowl. Just waiting to get hungry now....
Tostotos restaurant style will be my chip of choice.

Well, today has turned into a very taxing one for me. Been working on the income taxes all day- never an appetite raiser. I'm probably going to have Coors Light, Coors Light, and oh, yeah, Coors Light. May fix a small Greek salad after a while, but no urgency.

Fred

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I can't remember when I've enjoyed a meat loaf more. Me and DW made it using ground turkey, dry onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard, and egg and unseasoned bread crumbs. Topped it with a concoction of ketchup, spicy brown mustard and brown sugar. Threw it in the oven on 350 with the probe till it reached 155, then pulled it and let it rest up to 165.

Also made up a pile of redskin mashed taters and the last package of green beans from the garden :sad: coated with butter and Lowreys. Also had some of the Italian bread from last night. Finished it off with apple strudel. Urp!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
It was King Crab cocktail followed by steamed clams and shrimp. Plenty left over for on rice tomorrow. Yumm!

PanchoHambre

mine looks gone... it was eggplant parm... but I skipped the game this year finally got some stuff going on the home reno could not stop