What's for dinner Saturday, January 23rd, 2010?

buckytom

Grill Master
whatcha cooking or eating today, the twenty thoid day of january?

i ended up freezing the very lean center cut pork rib roast that i was going to make last sunday, and bought another more fatty (sirloin end?) pork rib roast to make in the crock pot.

so i got up early, s&p'd and browned the roast, and nestled it into the crock with baby fennel, shallots, red onions, apples, and crimini 'shrooms. i used apple juice to degalze the pan used for browning, and added that as well along with thyme and savory.
i asked dw to take it out of the fridge around 11 and let the crock warm up a bit before putting it into the heater base around 12:30.
when i get home, i'll remove and rest the roast and veggies, and defat and make gravy with the remaining liquid while dw makes mashed spuds.

dinner's at 5:30 sharp if anyone's interested.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I got a new Cuisinart Griddler for Christmas, so I've been using it a lot lately.

Tonight I have a request for Chicken Satay with my Spicy Garlic/Peanut Sauce.

I have a fresh mango, so I may do something with that on the side.

pattycookin

Having a couple over for dinner. We are having spanokopita,cheese,pepperoni and crackers with drinks. Chicken,cheese,sour cream and cream of mushroom soup casserole that I do with rice,peas,salad and rolls. Cherry cheese pie for dessert!

Having a couple over for dinner. We are having spanokopita,cheese,pepperoni and crackers with drinks. Chicken,cheese,sour cream and cream of mushroom soup casserole that I do with rice,peas,salad and rolls. Cherry cheese pie for dessert!

Sounds dee-lish, Patty! Welcome to NCT. :)

Caesar salad, steak, potatoes au gratin, brussels sprouts.

Putting together a steak topper (instead of compound butter) - crab meat, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic & chives.

Last edited:

Newnork1978

Our dinner plans, with friends, fell through last night...So, we opted for a rain-check for tonight, but it's still too soon to tell if that'll happen. I'll keep ya'll posted. :tongue:

FryBoy

Hawaiian-Style Braised Pork with Stir-Fred Cabbage & Rice. Full report later. Smells yummy so far!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not positive, but I betcha 10 bucks that QBro will be serving Pearl hot dogs and my homemade Boston Baked Beans when I get home from work tonight.

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
we went to CiCi's on Rt 17 at about 12:30 so that wil be our Big meal for the day. something quick and easy for dinner. not sure what yet

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Stir fried prok with egg fried rice.
PICT0233.JPG

The market had gorgeous fresh soft-shell "steamer" clams today, so I picked up 4 pounds of the darlings to steam in white wine & serve with melted lemon butter for tonight's dinner.

K

Kimchee

Tacos and Pedro's Refried Beans!
Nothing fancy but always a favorite.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Potato Soup and Chicken Salad Sammies

Attachments

• soupandsandwich.jpg
    soupandsandwich.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 100

Constance

A young friend of ours brought us a pan of manicotti for our supper, so all I have to do is stick it in the oven and heat up some bread. I know we should have something green, but I steamed a head of cabbage and ate a bowl of it for lunch, and I don't think I need any more greens, if you get my drift.
:oops:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Rob - would you please post your fried rice recipe, if you haven't done so already?

CONNIE, good to see you, girl! I've had a hankering for manicotti lately!

Lee

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Hey, Rob - would you please post your fried rice recipe, if you haven't done so already?

CONNIE, good to see you, girl! I've had a hankering for manicotti lately!

Lee

Lee, I just wing it. You'd do just as well getting a recipe off the internet. Some things I like to do is add a little sesame oil to the cooking oil, and I use oyster sauce mixed with the soy sauce to flavor it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
30-second veggie soup- open can of veggies (french-cut grn. bns. for me)
& stir into beef broth. if i'm VERY ambitious i'll cook carrot instead of those.
i already took my snoozin pill & i'm too sleepy for cooking. :)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Veggie night. Corn on the cob and brussels sprouts with liquid of syrah grapes followed by fired Cuban leaves....

Attachments

• SDC11187.JPG
    SDC11187.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 70