What are you eating Friday January 22, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i have pot roast on. now i need to decide mashed, baked or boiled potatoes.

what are you cooking?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
the "Before" pic

Fillet Mignon, sautee'd mushrooms ('Bella's, baby 'Bella's, Shitaki's) w/ leeks and garlic

InasFiletswithSauteedshroomsbefore.jpg

K

Kimchee

How are you doing those leeks, LT? I am always looking for new ideas!

As for dinner here at Chez Kimchee, I am not yet sure. The Boss is incommunicado,
and I have no Dinner Muse on my shoulder. sigh.
There is always pizza.....

Oh wait! Beef and mushroom stroganoff, egg noodles and either broccoli or
limas. That will use up the leftover meat from last night.

Pizza has to wait.
Sigh.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou is bringing http://cajunkates.com/ tonight!! Pretty sure he's bring the mac and cheese with crab, jambalaya and beignets!

I'm about to dip some strawberries in chocolate, too!

And we are imbibing on the Sazerac tonight!

Newnork1978

A couple friends of ours will be coming over, tonight, with some t-bones. DH and I will be providing the grill and the sides (mashed potatoes and roasted corn on the cob). I can't wait! :bounce:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pot roast served with mashed poatatoes, steamed carrots, corn and mushroom gravy.

pot_roast_012210_1_P1050251.JPG

pot_roast_012210_2_P1050257.JPG

pot_roast_012210_3_P1050259.JPG

Last edited:

Newnork1978

Change of plans...our friends got stuck babysitting for their roommate tonight. Looks like t-bones tomorrow night, instead. :wink:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I took a page from Buzz's book. I realliked his reverse seared steak. Only problem, I was making pork chops. I had thick ones.

I seasoned with Bam's pork rub, added a bit of smoke flavor powder and put it in the oven to 110 degrees internal temp. Then 2 1/2 minutes a side sear in a bery hot frying pan. I was still a bit under temp so back in the oven. Took them out at 148 degrees. Absolutely great! Tender Juicy. Served with steamed carrots and basil garlic mashed.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Pork steaks, left over pasta reheated with oil and butter and a salad.

GotGarlic

We went to a wine and cheese tasting earlier, so we're eating late tonight. I'm heating up some frozen enchiladas from last week and have simmering a side of sauteed green onions, garlic and oregano with a can of Ro-Tel and green beans from last summer's garden.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I pan fried some ribeyes, and made some parsleyed potatoes with marjoram, and some canapes.

img00190y.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
pork roast,potatoes,onions,garlic and carrots cooked in my slow cooker in my hotel room

20b0bhh.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, bam. the other guests at the hotel must have been getting hungry!

looks like it was a beef day. great pics, everyone.

we were going to get sushi again last night, but i really have to stop spending $75 to $80 bucks a week on it. so we ended up with chinese takeout (for less than half as much, with leftovers!)

we had chinese mushroom soup, chicken teryaki on a stick, boneless honey spareribs, chicken and broccoli, tofu with chinese veggies in spicy garlic sauce, extra spicy beef chow ho fun, white rice, and brown rice.