What are you eating Wednesday January 20, 2010?

vyapti

I've got a Board Meeting tonight, so I'll have to pick something up when I have time. Probably a burrito or beans and rice or something.

K

Kimchee

The jury is still out.. I am campaigning for Greek Grilled Chicken and Vegetables,
but the Boss might opt for something else....

Newnork1978

I mentioned Keltin's Gyro recipe, and DH is all for it! Looks like Gyros for dinner, tonight! :thumb:

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
brown baggin' it today..

2010-01-20 11-58-29.883.jpg

K

Kimchee

My campaign is over, and, well, I live to fight another day for Greek Chicken!

I will be preparing roasted chicken breasts, stuffed with mushrooms, spinach and cheese, covered with a light wine sauce.
Served with wild rice and probably a salad.

suziquzie

dunno.... busy morning, DH out of town...... whatever they want I guess and I'll have leftover turkey if im hungry

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't know about dinner yet, but after watching that show on The Travel Channel last night, here's what I had for lunch:

IMG_0848.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm drooling big time now, Cooksie. That looks soooo good. Maybe that will be our dinner tonight.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My campaign is over, and, well, I live to fight another day for Greek Chicken!

I will be preparing roasted chicken breasts, stuffed with mushrooms, spinach and cheese, covered with a light wine sauce.
Served with wild rice and probably a salad.
oh that sounds fantastic!! is it feta cheese? oh yummy ihope you can get a pic!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Meatloaf surprise

meatloaf_cauliflower_surprise_012010_1_P1050229.JPG

The surprise revealed. A cauliflower center.

meatloaf_cauliflower_surprise_012010_2_P1050231.JPG

Dinner is served with mashed taters (salt, black pepper, butter and sour cream added) and gravy.

meatloaf_cauliflower_surprise_012010_3_P1050234.JPG

Last edited:

GotGarlic

I went out to dinner with a colleague and had the weekly special - all you can eat mussels steamed with white wine, garlic, parsley and butter, served with French fries sprinkled with herbs, and crusty bread. It also came with a glass of wine.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I didn't get home form work until 7:30, so I had to do something quick.

I made pork chops with a pineapple and roasted red pepper salsa (with just a weeeeee bit of habenero).

The sous chef had the salad ready with greens, dried cherries, red yellow green and purple cherry tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, sunflower seeds, and a few other things with balsamic vinaigrette.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 249

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Picked up a 10# Sugardale butt half smoked ham for $.87/lb. Cut of a 1/2" thick steak for DW to prepare along with her cheesy potatoes (that have no written recipe) and fresh steamed broccoli. Went to Dairy Queen for a hot fudge sundae for dessert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I didn't get home form work until 7:30, so I had to do something quick.

I made pork chops with a pineapple and roasted red pepper salsa (with just a weeeeee bit of habenero).

The sous chef had the salad ready with greens, dried cherries, red yellow green and purple cherry tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, sunflower seeds, and a few other things with balsamic vinaigrette.
yummy!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Everyone's dinner looks de-lish! Putting on my to-do list----Dee's lamb kabobs and gyros with the leftovers.

We had our buffalo wing fix last night:

cknwings.jpg

Meatloaf surprise

meatloaf_cauliflower_surprise_012010_1_P1050229.JPG

The surprise revealed. A cauliflower center.

meatloaf_cauliflower_surprise_012010_2_P1050231.JPG

Dinner is served with mashed taters (salt, black pepper, butter and sour cream added) and gravy.

meatloaf_cauliflower_surprise_012010_3_P1050234.JPG

Wow! That is a surprise! Very clever. I never would have thought of wrapping a cauliflower in ground beef. LOL. How did you do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow! That is a surprise! Very clever. I never would have thought of wrapping a cauliflower in ground beef. LOL. How did you do that?
thank you!! clean cauliflower of all the leaves and trim the stem so it sits flat. in microwave - steam the whole head of cauliflower for 3 minutes in a covered microwave bowl. place cauliflower in your roasting pan. mix meatloaf and then form it around the cauliflower. bake about 45 minutes or till the meat reaches 155F (DO NOT PUSH THEMOMETER ALL THE WAY INTO CAULIFLOWER JUST CHECK MEAT TEMP). btw the cauliflower was just tender crisp not over cooked.

thank you!! clean cauliflower of all the leaves and trim the stem so it sits flat. in microwave - steam the whole head of cauliflower for 3 minutes in a covered microwave bowl. place cauliflower in your roasting pan. mix meatloaf and then form it around the cauliflower. bake about 45 minutes or till the meat reaches 155F (DO NOT PUSH THEMOMETER ALL THE WAY INTO CAULIFLOWER JUST CHECK MEAT TEMP). btw the cauliflower was just tender crisp not over cooked.

Nummy! :a1: I'll bet it would be great with Cheeeese too ;-) (Does it roll off the plate? j/k) Thanks Peep :)