Tues Jan 19 Whats cookin?

suziquzie

I only know because I took the turkey breast out yesterday.... I've been feeling like having a turkey dinner since Thanksgiving.... didn't get enough then.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, salad..... some sort of warm veggie too i suppose.....

You?

K

Kimchee

Leftover red beans and rice... sooo much better two days later!
And a nice crispy salad!
Yum!

AllenOK

I'm not totally sure. We are going to go get some shrimp in a little while. I might just break down and buy a couple of lobsters as well, since this place has live bugs for $8.99/lbs.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i think it may be breakfast for dinner. bacon, poached eggs, fried potatoes with peppers and onions and biscuits. maybe but it is subject to change without notice!! LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's a pork roast kind of day. Centercut rib roast in the crock pot with onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. One-pot meal.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got two pork chops that are hopefully going to turn into a pork fried rice and a hot and sour soup (with some pork slivers), and maybe some Chinese green beans on the side.

CharlieD

Becasue I come home so late I can only cook for the next day. I made chicken schnitzel last night and boiled some rice and made it into fried rice this morning, so family will actually have regular dienr, told the DW to make salad, will see about that.

vyapti

you flew to ohio and got some of JoeV's bread? WOW!!

LOL your dinner sounds great. i wanna see pics please.
JoeV's recipe, not his skill. I never know how the bread's gonna be until i cut into it. I'll post pics if its not too hectic tonight.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Simple dinner. Sauted red and green bell peppers, cubanel pepper, mushrooms and red onion cooked till soft. Then scrambled eggs added and cooked till soft set. Topped with cheddar cheese and a pepperoncini pepper. Served with hot pickled veggies and hot yellow banana rings.

eggs_pickled_veggies_011910_P1050225.JPG

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
oh, how the days at work are of a hellish variety....so it was leftover beef noodle soup and a philly pretzel.

I'd kill for a thick gooey cup of hot chocolate (and people have killed for less, ya know):shock:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I had some crappy hospital cafeteria food, but no more of that for me. My mom got discharged this evening!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yes - she was, Angel. I hadn't called you because I am still up and down getting her settled. She is much, much better.

And BTW - did you post any pics of your corn chowder that you made for everyone on Sunday? I have been getting rave reviews ever since. They all said it was wonderful! Thank you soooo much for feeding the family so well while I have been here. It touched my heart that you did that - especially since I know you have a queasy stomach. Hugs and kisses to you and Nick.

Newnork1978

I'm glad to hear she's doing better. :flowers:

We didn't even think about photographing the corn chowder I made at your house. :blush: It went surprisingly well with Greg's pork chops, by the way...in fact most of us dunked our pork chops in the corn chowder. I guess we were side-tracked by keeping up the momentum of the garage apartment projects.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Greg said it was fun cooking side-by-side in the kitchen with you, Angel. And everyone certainly enjoyed the results! (Please make it for me sometime, too. I'm dying to try it.)