What are you eating Sunday January 17, 2010?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Planning a whole wheat pasta with roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes and broccoli.
Something with a couple of beef shanks, as well.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
T-bone steak, wild rice and a veg
(sorry Keltin-I'll do the spatch chickie tomorrow) lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Got some nice short ribs that we will braise (pressure cooker methods). Don't know what the sides will be I've delegated that to the DW tonight.

GotGarlic

I was intending to make pork chile verde today, but it's 67 degrees outside, so I don't think I need a stew :wink: I also bought some nice petite sirloin steaks on sale for $1.98/lb. so I think I'll switch the weekly menu around a bit and have grilled steak with twice-baked potatoes and salad tonight. The chile verde can wait till tomorrow.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Roast lamb & trimmings.

PICT0220.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
You know Sass when you fall of a wagon you sure don't catch up do you. :yum:

Some how I remember you was a vegetarian or vegan when I first came here. Well I'm glad to see you on the dark side again at any rate, we need protien in our diets. The chops look good as does the rest also. :whistling:
Uh huh, see what a bad influence this place has been on me..:tongue:
Glad you like it!
Again.. I couldn't finish the steak.
Her Highness is enjoying the remains cut on a plate, and she'll get the bone to gnaw later, when I can keep a good eye on her lol

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Weather is really crappy here today, 37 and raining, so I made some chicken, wild rice and leek chowder that's finishing on the stove now, and I have some olive and rosemary bread rising.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You know what they say about the best laid plans and all......I ended up making a beef noodle soup out of the shanks. It's fricking freezing Mr. Bigglesworth.

And now...with no work tomorrow, it's once again cocktail hour!

Deelady

Here dinner tonight....Pork cutlets with roasted broccoli with lemon and a baked potato :)

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 136

vyapti

I'm making sushi; some rolls with roasted red pepper, basil and zucchini and some rolls with shiitake mushrooms, honey fried tofu and cucumber. . . and some avocado/cucumber rolls if I have enough rice. They'll probably be lunch tomorrow too.

You know Sass when you fall of a wagon you sure don't catch up do you. :yum:

Some how I remember you was a vegetarian or vegan when I first came here. Well I'm glad to see you on the dark side again at any rate, we need protien in our diets. The chops look good as does the rest also. :whistling:
Protein isn't a problem at all. I do fine without the saturated fat and cholesterol, though.

I guess I'm the token vegan now :unsure:

Deelady

I'm making sushi; some rolls with roasted red pepper, basil and zucchini and some rolls with shiitake mushrooms, honey fried tofu and cucumber. . . and some avocado/cucumber rolls if I have enough rice. They'll probably be lunch tomorrow too.

Protein isn't a problem at all. I do fine without the saturated fat and cholesterol, though.

Nothing at all wrong with that Vyapti, we do after all still love veggie dishes!! :thumb::thumb:

joec

Gold Site Supporter

I just found vegetable protein some what lacking in other things beside the unwanted side effect. :smile:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I just found vegetable protein some what lacking in other things beside the unwanted side effect. :smile:
if it could only be used as fuel the world would be vegan!! LOL

laugh-holding-sides.gif

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Isn't Larry Stewart a vegetarin as well (and a Dentist to boot)?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having pork chops with lightly roasted yellow squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onion.

Chili looks good, dandiamond. I'm pissed because the Cowboys got their butts handed to them on a platter. What a letdown :(.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
if it could only be used as fuel the world would be vegan!! LOL laugh-holding-sides.gif

It can be, they use it in Japan from pigs, it is called Methane but I could be mistaken about the gas name. Chemistry is not one of the sciences I strongest in. I am actually better with Math. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

That sounds good Vy.

Sufficient protein was never a problem for me either when I was adhering to a strict vegetarian diet (vegan sometimes, but I always felt a little washed out).
There are so many meat substitutes out there now that taste darn close if not almost exactly like the real thing.
Even if there weren't.. nuts, nut butters, beans, legumes, soy products, cereals, eggs---etc... ensure a good supply of protein.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It can be, they use it in Japan from pigs, it is called Methane but I could be mistaken about the gas name. Chemistry is not one of the sciences I strongest in. I am actually better with Math. :blush:
:wub: :yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
beautiful chilli!! its crying for a dog, chopped onions, mustard and a bun!! LOL

Last night we enjoyed French Onion Soup a la Julia Child - complete with toasted croutons topped with grated Gruyere & Jarlsberg cheeses. Perfect for a cold, rainy Sunday evening.

High Cheese

Saucier
Well, I took out what I Thought was a pork shoulder Friday night to defrost and smoke for Sunday, but it wound up being a rib roast. :doh: Not really feeling like roasting anything, I got inspired by that TV show Everyday Food. I cut the roast into chops, seared them then sauteed some onion and chopped bacon. Put down a bed of cabbage wedges and placed the seared chops on top to finish in a 375 oven. Came out great...Lucky Trim would be proud. lol I thing the cabbage got a little "muddy" so next time I'll cook that seperately to keep brighter flavors. The chops were nice. The cut must have been toward the end because there was quite a bit of connective tissue and dark meat on a couple of them. The cooking method was great for it and they came out very tender.