help - help - QUICK !

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a pound and a half of prime rib, in two steaks, and I can only find recipes for the whole (5 lb.) roast..................... can I just broil these, as I would do any prime cut,,, ????

buckytom

Grill Master
you certainly can, lt. if they're bone-in, the bone will sink away some of the heat, so it will take a bit longer than a regular steak. adjust your broiler to the middle or lower slot, let em rip for about 8 minutes a side, then raise the tray to finish with a sear. or finish with a reverse sear in a cast iron skillet.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Yes.

You can broil or saute, then roast.

Here's what I do when I only have 1 rib. I season, then sear it in a very hot skillet. Then stand the meat up (just like a standing rib roast) and place a partially baked potato on each side to hold it upright. Roast for your standard 15-20 minutes per pound to the desired doneness. Your potato will finish cooking at the same time.

After resting, I slice through it and serve 2 plates of prime rib with baked potato.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Just treat them as steaks.... but I'd use an instant read thermometer to tell when they're done.

FryBoy

What you have are Ribeye Steaks -- same cut of meat as the so-called "Prime Rib" or standing rib roast, just cut down to size. Grill like any other good steak.