What are you eating Thursday January 14, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have some of the sauted sausage, peppers and onions leftover from the burritos last night so i will use them on french bread pizza.

i only got 2 hours sleep arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg. breakfast was 1/2 an Italian hero.

what are you eating today?

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm undecided at this point. I think I'll go to the grocery and get some ideas...

K

Kimchee

Grilling a HALF PRICE T-bone steak, gonna have a salad (or grilled cauliflower, not sure)
with it.
The cold snap is breaking, gonna be 58 today, and the steak was cheap...
That's gooooood eating, hahaahah!

suziquzie

I'm thinking potato pancakes......unless I become otherwise inspired. Or tired.... :D

OK scratch those..... middle son wants doughnuts...... so i'll make zeppoli's for dessert.... NO WAY can I handle all that grease in 1 day.....:dizzy:
prolly a salad for dinner so I can get to the GOOD stuff!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK scratch those..... middle son wants doughnuts...... so i'll make zeppoli's for dessert.... NO WAY can I handle all that grease in 1 day.....:dizzy:
prolly a salad for dinner so I can get to the GOOD stuff!
yummy!! got a zeppoli recipe to share?

I changed the flavors, a bit, but it's become a staple. Thanks for posting it.

i change up all the time. i use jasmine rice and different tiny pasta and then i change the flavor - meat, chicken, veggie. one of my favs is adding extra butter, baby peas, mushrooms and veggie broth.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Sort of fajita pie made with an outside layer of tortillas, a filling of fahita mix made with mince and vegetables and a topping of chopped tortillas & grated cheese. It was yummy but I should have greased the dish - the shell did not want to come out.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well tonight will be porter house steaks, Cajun fries and a salad. Tomorrow I will make up my version of sloppy joes which my wife loves.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Got a jambalaya with smoked sausage going in the rice cooker. I'll add some shrimp towards the end of the cooking cycle. Probably have a baguette with it...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
French Bread Pizza - olive oil, plain tomato sauce, salt, black pepper, herbs and spices (red pepper flakes, thyme. rosemary, oregano, basil), gagrlic, onion, Italian sausage, red bell pepper, green cubanel pepper, mushrooms, black olives, grated romano and parmesan cheeses and mozzarella on french bread.

Before going into 500F oven.

french_bread_pizza_011410_1_P1050155.JPG

french_bread_pizza_011410_2_P1050161.JPG

After 10 minutes in oven.

french_bread_pizza_011410_3_P1050165.JPG

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having an Italian sausage, tomato, and cream sauce over bow-ties. It's an old stand-by--love it :heart:.

Newnork1978

DH's business trip has been extended for another day, so I continue to fend for myself. I got a chicken sammich from Wendy's...it was pretty tasty. :whistle:

I rarely eat or order Pizza, but last night I ordered a P'zole -- a cross between a pizza and a calzone. It is sort of like a half a pizza folded in half & stuffed. I chose the ricotta, which came with marinara dipping sauce.

buckytom

Grill Master
well, we almost made it all week with cooking dinner at home. dw took the boy to get his ears lowered and ended up running late, so i picked up japanese (what else?) for us on the way home.

we had or shared salads with ginger dressing and avocado, miso soup, and veggie gyoza. then, it was chicken teryaki dinner for my boy, sashimi combination box for dw, and the sushi special deluxe with and extra salmon skin hand roll for me.
oh, and i got a free appetizer of oshinko (pickled japanese veggies) because i always tip the chefs 6 or 7 bucks. it was delicious: some sweet, some salty, some tangy.