What's Cookin' Wednesday, January 13th?

Newnork1978

I'm awake and needed something to do...so I guess I'll take a stab at starting this thread. :wink:

If DH comes home today I'll be cooking (what, I don't know...yet), but if he's stuck out of town for a few more days I'll just fend for myself. I don't like cooking for one - I never get the portions right. Heh! :chef:

CoffeeCupSmiley.jpg

newnork

fahriye

It is going to be steak and kidney pie made with puff pastry then served with peas, mashed pototoes and gravy. Comfort food LOL!!!

suziquzie

I have chicken breasts out that I was too lazy to put away the other day..... so something with chicken I suppose!

K

Kimchee

I am attempting to replicate a delicious catfish entree I had in a local Thai restaurant.
They call it Kra Paw Catfish... fried fillets in a spicy sauce, with onions and peppers, over rice.
I found a similar recipe, and a few other Kra Pao ones that all have similar sauces, so that's a starting place, huh?
Great fun!

Der. I came in after Allen & posted it under Tuesday's dinner.

After watching Mario make those yummy sweet potato ravioli on the Iron Chef - White House episode, I want me some of that. Going to see if I can find chestnuts (jarred or fresh), & make 1/2 sweet potato & 1/2 chestnut ravioli (using wonton wrappers), with a sage butter or sage cream sauce, from one of the recipes here:

http://www.mangiabenepasta.com/thanksgiving.html

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ordering Chinese takeout tonight. I don't feel like cooking and my wife isn't either. Pretty depressing around here as I sleep with Shadow the cat last night which is not the same as the wife. 9 days and counting now.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awwww, Joe. I am so sorry. I'll bet your wife is just as miserable. Just try to focus on how much fun your reunion will be in 9 days!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes she is I'm sure. I did sleep good though last night as the cat didn't kick me in the ribs or try to get into my skin with me.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes and it is funny how kids love a stir fry but put anything green in front of most and they refuse to touch it. That does look good Dee.

Deelady

THANKS :) This time I didn't because I just sliced a small steak for the two of us. Normally I do though, makes it Soooo much esier as well as thinner slices!

Deelady

Yes and it is funny how kids love a stir fry but put anything green in front of most and they refuse to touch it. That does look good Dee.

she still didnt touch the broccoli.....:bonk: but I didn't mind because she ate alot of carrot sticks today!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I always forget til it's too late that the beef is easier to slice frozen. Hence - I have fat strips of beef that aren't always evenly cooked.

Deelady

I mostly hate when the different sections ot the steak start seperating from the rest of the steak, so you have to hold them together to get one long slice in one piece......

Deelady

LOL she must have sensed me talking about her...she just asked me to go get her some more "Juicy" carrot sticks :D

Newnork1978

DH called me earlier this afternoon to let me know they want to keep him out of town for at least one more night/day (which may change again, tomorrow)...so I went and got me some Chick-Fil-A. Mmm!

Newnork1978

Sounds like a good idea. Poor guy - he's going to be working really late so I might not see him either tonight. (I hope that means overtime for y'all, though.)

Over-time is definitely welcome and expected in this trip. He wants to get as much done, each day, as humanly possible...1) for the over-time, and 2) to get home sooner. :bounce:

I hope Momo is doing better...please let her know she's in my thoughts. :flowers: