BIL

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I know I haven't been on here in a while, different things going on and then computer crashing, but, my BIL is fighting Mesothelioma and is in the hospital to have his left lung drained, again and now they are looking at his liver as they saw some spots during a scan this morning. He has beat their time of 18 months and I am hoping that his body will let him beat it longer. I just ask for prayers for him and my sister.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I am sooo sorry, Stacy. I was wondering how he was doing. I will definitely keep him in my thoughts and prayers, girlfriend.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
He's down to 154 lbs. I know he's short, but, that is small for him. And that is with fluid on him. I hate the guess what he would be without it. I'm thankful we had Christmas with him. He's just not the same anymore. Very quiet and withdrawn. Not the hyper irritating crazy jerk that we miss!! I'm worried about my sister though. She holds it in and I'm afraid that when that day comes, she's going to lose it completely. I just hope we can help her!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you guys. It really helps to know that he has prayers coming from all over. I hope they are listening up there!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
He's down to 154 lbs. I know he's short, but, that is small for him. And that is with fluid on him. I hate the guess what he would be without it. I'm thankful we had Christmas with him. He's just not the same anymore. Very quiet and withdrawn. Not the hyper irritating crazy jerk that we miss!! I'm worried about my sister though. She holds it in and I'm afraid that when that day comes, she's going to lose it completely. I just hope we can help her!
It will be hard all the way around but I'm sure you can help her.
Good thoughts and prayers from here to Stacy.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That's so true, Stacy. If the worst happens, it's those left behind to carry on that really suffer. I'm sure your sister is keeping strong right now for him and the rest of the family, but if he loses this battle, she may lose it completely for a while. I'm so glad she has you.

homecook

Stacy, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, girlfriend! You know I'm there for you.....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this Stacy and we will keep your family in our thoughts.

I'm very familiar with Mesothelioma which is a caused by breathing in asbestos which I've done myself over the years before it was found to be harmful. So far I've been lucky in not contacting it but others I worked with through the years it has taken as well as some of their wives from washing their cloths.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
He was in the Navy on ships where a lot of people were exposed back in those days. He has been in the sign industry and was used a lot there too. It has taken all of these years for people to start showing signs of it. It's really scary to see how many there are. Makes you wonder what will show up for us down the road.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I remember cutting up sheets of the stuff to make duct work for Miami International Airport as well. I also worked a while on off shore drilling rigs in Texas doing sheet metal work as well as at Turkey Point Nuclear power plant in Florida removing asbestos. I also removed a lot of it from schools during the 70 again as a sheet metal worker though by then they knew it could kill you.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thanks guys!
My sister was told that there is nothing else that can be done, other than pain management. He is still in the hospital and hospice will come in today and talk to them about coming to the house when he goes home. This year hasn't turned out very well. I hope the rest is better!!