9 January Saturday dinner anyone?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After the gym and the bookstore I'm not venturing outside for anything. It's a good day to spend in the kitchen.

Dinner tonight will be my contribution to the iron chef challenge...a la Vera.

I also plan to start a brioche this afternoon for Sunday breakfast.

What are you making??

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Re: 9 January Satyrday dinner anyone?

I just made waffles for me and DW. Does that count for anything?:lol:

I have no idea what dinner will look like today. It's 17F right now with cloudy skies and no wind. Quite pretty to look at through the kitchen window until you walk to the end of the drive to get the paper, and realize just how cold it is. The dog ran out , did her business, and ran back in the house. Could be a soup kind of day to go with the two batches of no-knead bread I have on the counter since last night. They'll be ready to bake off around lunch time. One plain and one with Italian herbs.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

if i lose my moodiness by this evening, i'll cook that brisket.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

dinner will be stew if the meat thaws in time. if not probably some type of breakfast meal for dinner.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

I just made waffles for me and DW. Does that count for anything?:lol:
If my husband made me waffles - I'd make sure to show my appreciation tonight.:brows: (Guess you'll be MIA tonight, huh Joe?)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter

My wife said that she wanted this Cheesy Broccoli-Potato Soup. It sounds pretty good! Does anyone know how much chicken it takes to make 2 cups? I'm thinking about using boneless, skinless breasts.

buckytom

Grill Master

another saturday shift for me, so i'll use my dinner hour(s) to death race home for a bit, then back into the city 'till midnight.

i found a pretty good pakistani place in the 50's on 8th ave. last week that was open late, so i'm thinking of getting the 2 meat platter. you get the pakistani version of chicken tikka and lamb vindaloo over rice, with a side of roti for less than $10.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

This is my weekend to work, so it'll probably be a hop down the road to Jing Fong, and hopefully this time they won't forget my crab rangoon grrrrr lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

another saturday shift for me, so i'll use my dinner hour(s) to death race home for a bit, then back into the city 'till midnight.

i found a pretty good pakistani place in the 50's on 8th ave. last week that was open late, so i'm thinking of getting the 2 meat platter. you get the pakistani version of chicken tikka and lamb vindaloo over rice, with a side of roti for less than $10.
i have never had any of that stuff. no one here will go try different food with me. :sad: and its no fun experiencing new things along.

buckytom

Grill Master

after so many years of working crappy shifts, you get used to eating out alone, peeps. i know lots of people that would never venture into a restaurant or bar alone, though.
but this is just gonna be takeout.
there ya go, if you want to try something new or odd, get take out.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter

I'd just use 2 boneless breasts if I were you Rob.

Thanks! I'll try it!

i can't access that page says it isn't available or something.

The first link I posted didn't work for me, so I changed it. It seems to work for me now. You could just go to the Betty Crocker site, and search for Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

i have never had any of that stuff. no one here will go try different food with me. :sad: and its no fun experiencing new things along.
Try it sometime. It weird at first going to the movies or to a restaurant alone, but I got used to it real quick. I love not having to cut someone else's meat up or scrape of the icky stuff they hate or take someone to the bathroom or clean up whatever someone else spilled, etc. I'm telling you - going solo is vastly underrated!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

There's not a darn thing wrong with dining out alone.
Heck, I do it myself a lot.
It's the best time I find for collecting thoughts, relaxing and getting away from it all, whilst enjoying something prepared by someone else, and the best part..... there's no mess to clean up!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter

My Jonathan was in charge tonight (12 years old). DW was sous chef.
He made sausage & apple plait with wedges & carrots followed by a plum lattice.
PICT0204.JPG
PICT0205.JPG
PICT0207.JPG

Well done to him

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Wonderful job Ray!!! He must have an excellent teacher!!!!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter

He worked with DW today. He has the best thing - he loves his food.

homecook

I'm making a copycat recipe for chili tonight (made it before, it's great) and Mamas' cheese biscuits. Looking forward to it!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

DW wanted Sirloin Tips over noodles, so that it will be. Maybe some steamed broccoli and a salad, and the no-knead bread that is screaming to come out of the oven. Is there a market for parchment paper shells?:bonk:

P1020406.jpg

Last edited:

i found a pretty good pakistani place in the 50's on 8th ave. last week that was open late, so i'm thinking of getting the 2 meat platter. you get the pakistani version of chicken tikka and lamb vindaloo over rice, with a side of roti for less than $10.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pretty good deal. If the place is empty, try not to talk the owner into changing the cuisine.

"http://www.youtube.com/v/b4_TeT4XhlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param

Cooksie

Site Supporter

We're having pan seared salmon with some kind of compound butter and broccoli.

GotGarlic

I can't decide between chicken enchiladas or chicken fajitas, but it will be one or the other, along with guacamole.