Whats cooking Thursday January 7, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
corned beef, cabbage (1/2 head boiled, 1/2 head slaw dressed with my salad dressing), carrots and potatoes.

what about you?

K

Kimchee

We are making a big big pot of ham and bean soup!
One of my favorites as a kid, and lucky me, I DID manage to get
the recipe from my parents before they went to the Big Restaurant in the Sky!

Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the bowl and YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We are making a big big pot of ham and bean soup!
One of my favorites as a kid, and lucky me, I DID manage to get
the recipe from my parents before they went to the Big Restaurant in the Sky!

Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the bowl and YUMMMMMMMMMMM!
sounds yummy!! did you post the recipe?

K

Kimchee

No, peep. Have to write it down, first, LOL!
I will do so tonight. Is just a basic ham n bean soup....

buckytom

Grill Master
dw's making baked split chicken breasts. my boy and i will have them with pomegranate/chipotle sauce. sides are mashed spuds (yay, i get to use my new ricer) and baby peas.

i also have a london broil that sorta looks like it was from secretariat because it was frozen, so i may spice it up and broil it to slice for lunches.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I had to drive up to Basingstoon semi snowy roads to pick up DW from the railway station. So got in after 7 and made a quick rice dish out whatever I could find.

homecook

Bowling night............bar food and beer. That's if the weather lets me go.........otherwise it's probably goulash.

Deelady

I would so LOVE to go bowling and eat bar food Barb!! Hubby and I keep talking about going again but we wanted to wait just a little longer with Ayla....now I guess we have to wait for a babysitter for the baby now that Ayla is big enough to bowl...lol oh well, Have fun for me too if you go!! and be safe!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW is working late so I'm warming up leftover crock pot chicken from yesterday. I just finished some cottage cheese with raspberry preserves mixed in. Tasty treat.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to your son, vyapti! 16 is such a great age and also one of the worst ages. LOL Even if he isn't the driver tonight, it's wonderful that you are going out. Where are y'all going to eat?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Mamaaaaaaaa, your cornbread rocks!! :wub::kiss: lol

Attachments

• NCT-1--2010-01-07 17-28-50.640.jpg
    NCT-1--2010-01-07 17-28-50.640.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 151
  • NCT-2---2010-01-07 17-31-33.614.jpg
    NCT-2---2010-01-07 17-31-33.614.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 157

Deelady

I made lemon herb chicken with white rice topped with chicken gravy corn and green beans, and a side of garlic toast.

Hit the spot :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Sweet 16 to your son, vyapti!

Thanks Sass! It's even better without the sugar :wink: Just use a big ol pat of real butter and slather it with plenty of honey.
I have a lot left! It's so good.

Oh yes, Happy 16 to your son Vy.:thumb:

vyapti

Happy Birthday to your son, vyapti! 16 is such a great age and also one of the worst ages. LOL Even if he isn't the driver tonight, it's wonderful that you are going out. Where are y'all going to eat?

Happy Sweet 16 to your son, vyapti!

We're going to his favorite restaurant, a place called the Glynwood. They've got generally good food, but the make onion rings and french fries especially well. It seems weird not making a big deal about #16, but he doesn't want to do anything and the no license thing is a bit anticlimactic. But, I guess that's what you get when you flunk Spanish then forge your mother's signature.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum: At least you know he is creative and resourceful, vyapti! I remember forging my mom's signature and a doctor's note to get out of P.E. for an entire year. I really thought I was getting away with something big until they figured it out just before the end of school and gave me an F for P.E.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Corned Beef (I dipped mine in tabaco hot mustard), buttered boiled cabbage and carrots, cabbage and carrot slaw (dressed with olive oil, vinegar, maggi sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder)

corned_beef_slaw_010710_P1050102.JPG

Last edited:

Newnork1978

I have no idea what DH and I will have for dinner, tonight...all I know is that, right now, I have an massive sweet tooth that needs attention ASAP. :smile:

homecook

Since I couldn't go bowling tonight because of the weather I made my own greasy burgers with mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, bacon and in between the two burgers is cream cheese mixed with jalapenos!! Baked off some home fries sprinkled with Montreal steak seasoning. The first pic is my son's monster burger. lol

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 132
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 139

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Since I couldn't go bowling tonight because of the weather I made my own greasy burgers with mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, bacon and in between the two burgers is cream cheese mixed with jalapenos!! Baked off some home fries sprinkled with Montreal steak seasoning. The first pic is my son's monster burger. lol
yummy!! i wish i had some of those fries and a single burgers with your toppings.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, that looks comforting and delicious.

Barb, that belly buster burger is out of this world, the fries ain't bad either. :)

buckytom

Grill Master
man, i missed the food pics. everything looks great, and i'm craving that burger at 8:45am!!!!

oh, btw, dulces dieciseis, hijo de vyapti. :wink: