High demand for Chefs in the UK.

Peter-John

Thought I'd share this with all the food lovers, seeing that I am stuck at home today :lol: - Loving it

I read an article on the news.caterer this morning, that chef jobs are in high demand in the UK!!!Things seems to be picking up after the recession, but I am not to sure about any other sectors.
Demand for permanent jobs across the hotel and catering sector in December rose to 54.6. This is good news for all of us, that take part in this sector.

This is really the break that I needed - I am so fed up with rude managers. Hold thumps for my interview next week, I have been waiting long for this one :thumb:

Have a good one

FuzzyB

Peter-John that is amazing news I have my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you get this job and the management is way way better :)

Are you working at the moment or have you just been looking for work?

It definately sounds like a good thing for the catering industry! Wow! I wonder why there is such a rise? Some trends must be changing somewhere dont you think so?

Peter-John

The interview went well, I got the job!!! So excited, this was all really just a spare of the moment thing. I am always just having a look at what the market has to offer, as I am thinking of opening my own catering business, once I have saved enough money to cover all my start up costs. Ironically I came across a chef position that seemed more suitable for me, so I just decided to take the chance.

FuzzyB

Peter-John thats awsome am very happy for you!

Have you started yet? Whats it like?

Im trying to spec the market at the moment! Just to see whats out there and try and get into something new too as I am thoroughly bored at the moment! Fingers crossed hey?

Peter-John

It has been so long, since I actually had time to chat, I have really just been so busy trying to learn all there ways of doing things.. so yes, I GOT THE JOB!! I am absolutely ecstatic, there are minor differences in how general things are run, but yet it's a totally new environment for me, LOVING IT.

FuzzyB, there are so many opportunities currently. Do you have any idea what you are looking for and are you planning on going totally out of your current job sector?

I will hold thumbs for you. :thumb:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Congrats, Peter-John! That is wonderful! When things settle down and you find the time, post all about the day-to-day in your new job. I think it would be fascinating to see if there are differences in restaurant kitchens here and in the UK.

Peter-John

That's actually a brilliant idea. I will definitely do so. It will be great to see what differences we have and maybe even what we can learn from each other. Thanks!

FuzzyB

Hey Peter-John

I currently hold two jobs each part-time so just wanted to try and get one full-time job really!

I work as a waitress 3 nights a week and then in an office doing admin and stuff 2.5days a week! It pays the bille etc you know so works out and both offer overtime from time to time so its not too bad!

I can't decide which path to take - full-time career in the restaurant/hospitality industry or the admin type thing you know? I am just browsing the job listings and stuff in both and seeing if anything takes my fancy hehe!

Peter-John

I take my hat of to you.. not allot of people will hold two jobs!!! :respect:

That's good, you have nothing to loose if you look around.. it can't hurt! If indeed you do decide to take on a permanent role, closer to the time, what ever direction you make, make sure it is one that you enjoy.. else there is know point in doing it... if you enjoy what you do, you will be good at what you do.

There are so many job sites these days, like monster, reed just to name a few, so having your CV up on them, will only make you vulnerable for a better position...maybe even to start a career.. especially if you are young.

FuzzyB

Haha Peter-John I am ot exactly what you would call young which is why I am trying to stick with looking for the one job instead of having to juggle two its a headache lol!

I have two CV's sorted, one for each industry and now just keep my eyes open for any opportunities! One thing I never thought of though was top put my CV on any of these sites! Brilliant idea! I may tackle that later, at least then things can come to me as well! Hehe!