Whats cooking Wednesday January 6, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am not sure yet except i need to use 1 tomato. what about you?

vyapti

I've got a late meeting, so I'll be eating leftovers of whatever my daughter makes. I'm betting it will involve tater tots.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Chilli con carne my way, served with a mix of brown & wild rice and some garlic bread on the side.
PICT0198.JPG

K

Kimchee

Tangy Meatloaf (with dill pickle spears baked on top!); roasted smashed cauliflower and peas with mushrooms!

Newnork1978

It's hard for me to think about food, today. I've been having some tummy troubles, and right now I'd just settle for something that stays put. Hopefully things will calm down soon...:mellow:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mini...that looks wonderful!

Sorry to hear that your not feeling well Newnork.

I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup with cornbread last night so we are having leftovers.

Attachments

• veggie-soup.jpg
    veggie-soup.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 188
  • cornbread000.jpg
    cornbread000.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 194

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that's a great soup, mama! mine's usually various veggies fresh, frozen & canned, & limas, soup base or freezer stock, salt/pepper, tomato juice. leftover shredded roast or a fresh chuck or eye round, love that!~
we're finally consuming food tonite! beef & broccoli, his is general tso's. rice for him, probably fried.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
It's hard for me to think about food, today. I've been having some tummy troubles, and right now I'd just settle for something that stays put. Hopefully things will calm down soon...:mellow:

hm, broth, or bland food like smashed potatoes or cooked cereal? gatorade. or pedialyte pops. saltines?
even a popsicle or 2. get those fluids in. hugs.:flowers:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had my version of maypo oatmeal for dinner (oats cooked with brown sugar and raisins, topped with 1/2 &1/2, a pat of butter and maple syrup).
I also added a grind of cinnamon on mine.

oatmeal_raisins_101809_P1040547.JPG

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Surf & turf

7 Oz Carabean lobster tails broiled and bastes with lemon butter
small ribeye
Salad
sauteed mushrooms for the steak
baked potato

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Barb - I know the guy that cooked it - I like his work. With dinner over, I am getting out the trenchcoat and catching a plane to Ohio for the second course.

homecook

Thank you Barb - I know the guy that cooked it - I like his work. With dinner over, I am getting out the trenchcoat and catching a plane to Ohio for the second course.

It's almost ready...........you'll be just in time. I don't think it matches up too well with your fabulous dinner though. lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Plain old-fashioned turkey burgers here. On good crusty toasted poppy-seed hard rolls with all the trimmings.

Oh...that sounds GOOD! Have you got a recipe for those Turkey Burgers? Last time I tried them, they were a bit dry, so I need something different, and a few pointers if you have them! Thanks!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Stop at the Dough Boy's house for some fresh made cinnamon rolls. Bring barb & John, cuz there are plenty. They just came out of the oven. Happy birthday, again.

P1020399.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had a great dinner of crock pot chicken, smashed redskins, corn off the cob and cranberries with pineapples & mandarin oranges for dessert. It was not picture worthy, but it was delicious, and there's enough for dinner tomorrow.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Mini...that looks wonderful!

I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup with cornbread last night so we are having leftovers.

Incredible!! That looks so dang good!!! :clap:

homecook

We had beef enchiladas and salad for dinner......

Hope you enjoy Andy!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 167

High Cheese

Saucier
I busted out the Chinese steamer and steamed brocolli on one layer, then salmon with lemon and dill on top. Made a quick beurre blanc and a side salad.

I'm really not a salmon fan. I like sashimi though. Grilled, seared, broiled salmon I don't really care for. It has a strong flavor and all the protiens make my teeth stick. BUT, I REALLY like it steamed. It has a nice clean flavor and texture. I'll definately make it again.

Deelady

I busted out the Chinese steamer and steamed brocolli on one layer, then salmon with lemon and dill on top. Made a quick beurre blanc and a side salad.

I'm really not a salmon fan. I like sashimi though. Grilled, seared, broiled salmon I don't really care for. It has a strong flavor and all the protiens make my teeth stick. BUT, I REALLY like it steamed. It has a nice clean flavor and texture. I'll definately make it again.

that sound sooo good!

Newnork1978

Thanks Mama...I'm feeling much better, today. I guess getting sick, randomly, is just a part of my pregnancy. :neutral:

Your veggie beef soup looks amazing! :clap: