Whats cooking Tuesday January 5, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
shell steaks, mixed veggies, dressed sliced tomatoes and i'm not sure what the carb will be (rice some way, potatoes or mac and cheese).

whats cooking by you.

Y

YT2095

I`m doing a Lamb Bhuna and I haven`t decided whether to have Rice or Pita bread to go with it yet?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I just made steakburgers from a chuck roast I bought yesterday and put them in the freezer. I had an odd number of them so I cooked the last one. Pretty darn good mid-morning snack.

K

Kimchee

Leftovers... we have chicken noodle soup, mexican and oriental goodies that need
to be et. I will et the mexican stuff, my sick wife will cover the soup, I imagine.
Dunno who will get the stir fry....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Nuttin', I'm taking a bag of Combos, a blueberry yogurt and a bottle of 7up to work with me.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just made steakburgers from a chuck roast I bought yesterday and put them in the freezer. I had an odd number of them so I cooked the last one. Pretty darn good mid-morning snack.
sounds great joe!! did you use the KA meat grinder attachment or FP?

CharlieD

??? You mean why today? Because they do not have any money, so they are hopiong if they'd do it in the midle of the work day people will not be able to come. BUt they wanted invite everybody and then some. In all the truth I know the filling, but i hate that. You don't have money invite family only and be done with it.

And lousy food I see you agry with me!

lilylove

Paul is working late and then going to the gym... so it's just soup from a can for us. Tomorrow home made beef and veggie soup with some barley thrown in. ;)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a certain guy is acutely aware of his faux pas last nite, he is buying dinner tonite. probably sauteed stringbeans for me & general tso's for him.

suziquzie

he was wrong because he wasn't hungry? mmm ok.

tater tot hot dish here.... local specialty. blahhhhh..... but it feeds the crew!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
he was wrong because he wasn't hungry? mmm ok.

tater tot hot dish here.... local specialty. blahhhhh..... but it feeds the crew!!

he was the 1 that WANTED dinner, he's the 1 that rang me at 6 to discuss dinner, he left work to be here for dinner & at 6, he was starving. at 7, while i was cooking, he noticed the crab & decided he wasn't hungry. he was being fussy. correct me if i'm wrong..... ya weren't here last nite, correct? soooooooo.....:kiss:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Spaghetti, meat sauce, and a baguette tonight. Just spent an hour and a half making chili powder, so I'm taking it easy! LOL!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Spaghetti, meat sauce, and a baguette tonight. Just spent an hour and a half making chili powder, so I'm taking it easy! LOL!
whats in your chili powder? do you toast the seeds etc first and do you use a mortar and pestle, grinder of some type (like a coffee mill) or a food processor?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
sounds great joe!! did you use the KA meat grinder attachment or FP?
Neither. I have an old cast iron hand crank food grinder that I use for meat and for making bread crumbs. I can use the blade that will give me the grind I'm looking for, which in this case is coarse ground steak for steakburgers. I can take it down to a fine grind is need be, but I like a chewy burger. Since I don't do this often, I can't see buying another kitchen appliance that will not be used frequently.

homecook

I believe we're having meatloaf, mashed taters, gravy and corn. Unless someone is going to finish off the stew.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
whats in your chili powder? do you toast the seeds etc first and do you use a mortar and pestle, grinder of some type (like a coffee mill) or a food processor?

I'm starting with Alton Brown's recipe right now. I followed it pretty closely, but I might touch it up later. I started with the food processor, but that didn't work out so well. I ended up using the electric spice grinder, and doing it in small batches.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Neither. I have an old cast iron hand crank food grinder that I use for meat and for making bread crumbs. I can use the blade that will give me the grind I'm looking for, which in this case is coarse ground steak for steakburgers. I can take it down to a fine grind is need be, but I like a chewy burger. Since I don't do this often, I can't see buying another kitchen appliance that will not be used frequently.
i found my mom's hand grinder while cleaning up my mom
s house after she passed. she used it mostly for making cranberry relish.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Homemade cheese & spinach ravioli with sweet Italian sausage and DW's sauce.

P1020395.jpg

These guys came out of the oven justa as we sat down, so we had to go breadless until it cools enough to cut.

P1020396.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade cheese & spinach ravioli with sweet Italian sausage and DW's sauce.

P1020395.jpg

These guys came out of the oven justa as we sat down, so we had to go breadless until it cools enough to cut.

P1020396.jpg
beautiful absolutely beautiful joe!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Shell steak, tomato and mozzarella (dressed with olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs and spices) and homemade rice/roni (chopped onion, fresh chopped mushrooms sautéed in butter, uncooked jasmine rice and broken angel hair pasta added and browned, beef broth added. simmered till tender).

shell_steak_riceroni_tomato_mozzarella_010510_1_P1050083.JPG

shell_steak_riceroni_tomato_mozzarella_010510_2_P1050095.JPG

shell_steak_riceroni_tomato_mozzarella_010510_3_P1050094.JPG

shell_steak_riceroni_tomato_mozzarella_010510_4_P1050087.JPG

Last edited:

FooD

I feel very lazy and a little under the weather tonight so I'm having some salami, cheese, and crackers for dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I feel very lazy and a little under the weather tonight so I'm having some salami, cheese, and crackers for dinner.
thats a lovely dinner, we had that for several meals over the NewYears weekend.

i hope you feel better soon.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we went sans food tonite, jake was working on my butcher's block until like 9:30 & dinner hour kinda passed on by, we're just drinking instead.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Joe and Peeps, your dinners look fantastic.
Peeps, I love the look of the tomato and mozzarella. It all looks good.