blue cheese dip
onion dip
assorted chips and veggies to dip
mac salad
potato salad
kidney & Cannellini bean salad
olive salad
salsa

cheese platter (brie, danish blue, gouda, smoked gouda, wispride and pepperoni), assorted crackers and crusty round loaf of bread.
cold cut platter (ham, salami, smoked turkey, bologna, american cheese, swiss, provolone), long seseame rolls and small round rolls.

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
http://thedeltagrill.com/

We've been here so many times that we've had the opportunity to enjoy most of what's on the menu. The fried green tomatoes are magnificent. The jambalaya comes in small cast iron skillets. The ettouffe is out of this world.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was planning on garlic shrimp, but maybe I'll switch to ribs and potato salad.

GotGarlic

Finger foods - shrimp cocktail; smoky cheese fondue with lil smokies and crusty bread for dipping; pinwheels with Boursin cheese, prosciutto and roasted red peppers; a hummus-like dip made with black-eyed peas (I need some luck next year); grapes and prosciutto-wrapped melon; and Limoncello/Champagne cocktails.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Lobster, black eyed pea salad, baked sweet potato. Just my wife and I tonight.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Pizza and veggie tray to snack on while we watch the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

K

Kimchee

A chili relleno casserole, zucchini of some iteration, and either rice or beans, I think.

Newnork1978

Well, for brunch today I am having blueberry pancakes. They were the last of this frozen batch we'd bought at Sam's...and man, are they good! :blush:

BIL is here with us, but he's got a NYE party to attend tonight. I don't know when that starts, but we'll be sure to feed him before he goes. DH is working today, and depending on how he feels when he gets home we may join BIL at the NYE party...so, again, I'm sure we'll all eat before-hand. I'm just not sure what (since I don't know when our evenings will begin, yet). If I come up with something, I'll keep ya'll posted. :wink:

Phiddlechik

Prepping for Lobster/Crab Newburg...

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 373

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm having lobster tonight also but that does look good Phiddlechick.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Lobster is one of those things I want to try and am a little afraid to have a go - especially as it is expensive.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't know but I need to decide soon, huh? There will only be 4 of us here tonight (and one is a 7 year old) so we'll probably drink a little champagne and play Wii bowling. Snack foods will probably play heavily in tonight's menu.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You really do need to try it Ray, you don't know what your are missing. We steam ours then remove the tail from the shell and drop it into warm drawn butter/garlic sauce for about 1 minute then serve it with more butter garlic sauce and a bit if lemon. Just avoid the African Red Lobster (served he by Red Lobster Restaurants) as it is like eating a Brillo pad it is so tough. That also could be due to the way they are cooked though. Maine Lobster (North Atlantic) and Florida Crawfish (just like a lobster but 1 big claw and 1 little claw) are my favorites. I did have some in Italy that I also liked but no idea of the species other than they looked and tasted a lot like Maine Lobster.

suziquzie

Ok, I decided on a New Years last blast before I go being all good again..... :)

Smothered pork chops (buttermilk gravy), home fries, green beans...
And a French Silk PIE!

better get cookin!

homecook

I made a shrimp dip, Mexican pinwheels and veggie pizza to take to my best friends' house. There will be all sorts of food, other finger foods, sub sandwiches, salads, etc. Pig out time!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made a shrimp dip, Mexican pinwheels and veggie pizza to take to my best friends' house. There will be all sorts of food, other finger foods, sub sandwiches, salads, etc. Pig out time!!

Is the shrimp dip recipe on here? If not, I would sure like to see it. That's always a favorite around here :brows:.

homecook

Is the shrimp dip recipe on here? If not, I would sure like to see it. That's always a favorite around here :brows:.

Oh pooh, I was hoping no one would ask. lol I'm almost embarrassed to post it. This is the simplest, easiest recipe there is, but oh so good!

2 containers onion/chives cream cheese
2 cans tiny shrimp, drained and smushed

Mix together and refrigerate. Let sit out to room temp before serving. That's it.

Newnork1978

We have decided to attend the NYE party with my BIL, so dinner is leftovers (from mom & grandma). BIL and DH will have Home-Made Tamales (friends of grandma made them), while I'll have Green-Bean Casserole (mom made), Scalloped Potatoes (grandma made)...and if I'm still hungry I'll have some Smoked Meatloaf (mom & grandma made). :chef:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh pooh, I was hoping no one would ask. lol I'm almost embarrassed to post it. This is the simplest, easiest recipe there is, but oh so good!

2 containers onion/chives cream cheese
2 cans tiny shrimp, drained and smushed

Mix together and refrigerate. Let sit out to room temp before serving. That's it.
WooHoo! A recipe just for me!!! Thanks, Barb!